Happy Birthday To Me

Start from the beginning

"What's your name?" I asked.

He did that head tilt thing again. "Name?"

"Yea, Bud. What are you called?"

"I'm called Pup."

I furrowed my brows in confusion. Why didn't they give him a name? Then suddenly I realized something.

They must have planned to leave him behind. And that's probably why they didn't name him, because if they gave him a name they'd get attached and probably wouldn't be able to leave in the end.

But the question is, why did they leave him?

"Should I give you a name?"

"Name?"

"Yeah, My name is Calvin. Do you want a name too?"

"Yes, Pup wants a name."

I looked at the cute small boy and smiled at him. "I'll call you Quincy."

He gave a bright smile that made his eyes twinkle.

I chuckled. " I guess it's Quincy then. Don't worry Quincy, I'll protect you and teach you everything you need to know. " I smiled.

****End of Flashback****

I took in every detail about him, his light brown hair that was tousled like he just got out of bed. His eyes were a beautiful emerald that twinkled when he smiled, along with deep set dimples that could melt your heart.

He was the only person I willingly talked to, in the pack and at school.

The school bell rang.

"Ding." He smiled.

"Yeah, let's get going." I started walking toward the school with Quincy giggling beside me as a butterfly landed on his nose.

I smiled. That's so cute.

He sneezed and the butterfly flew away. Quincy pouted. I ruffled his hair and he smiled again.

As I walked through the halls all the chatter died down and everyone turned to watch me walk in.

I ignored them because this was the norm for me.

Since I was always quiet and didn't interact with anyone other than Quincy, the students started a rumor that I was this mysterious bad boy.

If I cared I would have tried to clear up the rumor but I liked that everyone stayed away from me because of the rumor. So, I didn't bother to correct them.

It's not that I was anti social, I was just afraid of betrayal from those close to me.

I've seen what the thought of betrayal does to people.

I didn't want to go through that, so I avoided relationships with people. But then Quincy was different, he reminded me of myself, a more pure and naïve version of myself.

As I turned to walk into homeroom. I smelt something that my muddled brain and made my knees weak.

I looked around for the cause of such a smell and my eyes landed on Stryker Thorne, the city's manwhore.

His eyes soon met mine and he scowled.

I simply ignored him and went inside the classroom.

I didn't want to get my hopes up about him accepting me but with my wolf clawing at me to be with their mate, it was quite hard.

He swaggered into the room, his friends trailing behind him.

Quincy sneezed and one of Stryker's friends Nick, looked disgustedly at Quincy.

"Be careful where you sneeze. Nobody wants to catch your nasty cold."

I looked at him. "Even if he did have a cold, I heard that Idiots don't catch colds so you'll be fine Nick."

Quincy giggled.

" Hey! I'm not an Idiot. A moron maybe but not an idiot."

I doubt he knew what the word meant. I rolled my eyes. "Don't you have to be stupid somewhere else?"

"No, but maybe in an hour or so."

"Nick, shut up." Stryker said as he took him back to their corner of the classroom.

I turned my attention to Quincy who was drawing a unicorn on the table with a sharpie.

While staring at Quincy's art work I could feel Stryker's piercing stare in the back of my head.

I internally rolled my eyes. He needs to stop staring at me and make up his mind.

Is he going to reject me or not? I needed to know because my wolf was driving me crazy.

He didn't look like he was deciding anything anything soon. I sighed.

This was going to be the longest day ever.