Chapter 29: Realizing Happiness

A million possibilities ran through my head. Why did she put the note in there? Was she just delivering it for Anna? Did she write it herself? More and more questions piled into my brain as I stared at the now blank screen of Tyler's laptop. If Mandy was just delivering the note for Anna, then why didn't Anna just put it in there herself? As if she had read my thoughts, Cyan answered my unspoken question. 

"Anna must have know that there was a camera there and didn't want to be caught on it. That's gotta be why she had Mandy put the note in your locker." 

Nikki nodded in agreement while Tyler looked more confused than ever. He still didn't know exactly why we wanted to see the video so badly and I wanted to keep it that way. I don't want to involve any more people in this than I already have. My life slowly feels like it's becoming some kind of secret mission and I'm getting tired of it. I just want it all to go away. 

"Is there any way that you can make a copy of this video and give it to me so I don't have to call you everytime I want to see it?"

I didn't want to have to keep sneaking him into the school. He looked hesitant before replying.

"Sure there is, but I want to know what's going on. Why do you need this video so bad? Is something wrong?" 

I sighed, why did he have to ask? Nikki and Cyan turned to me, waiting to see what I was going to tell him. Tyler crossed his arms and waited for my response. Did I want to tell him? No. Although he seemed like he was genuine and conserned. So I told him briefly what was going on and why we needed to see that footage. For a moment he looked like he was angry, but it quickly faded.

"I want to help you. What they're doing to you isn't right and you need to stand up for yourself. Like I should have..."

He swiftly glanced at Nikki before returning his gaze to me. I nodded just as the bell rang, telling us that lunch was over. We said our goodbye's to Tyler and made our way inside after he promised to get me a copy of the footage. Quickly, we made our way to class and managed to get there just before the teacher started the lesson.

 I dropped into my seat and let out another soft sigh to myself. That was probably one of the most draining lunches ever, and Anna one time got the whole football team to take turns kicking me for the whole period. I cringed at the memory and tried to focus on what the teacher was saying. 

In what seemed like no time at all, it was the end of the day. Cyan and I were making our way out the front doors after saying our farewells to Nikki. As promised, Aspen was parked right out front waiting to pick us up. The drive to my house seemed shorter than usual and we pulled in my driveway in almost the blink of an eye. Cyan hopped out of the car and turned back towards me.

"I'm just going to go back up to my house tonight to check up on things and get a few more things. So I'll probably just stay the night there and drive back down tomorrow in time for school. Is that cool?"

"Cyan, you don't need to ask me for permission. Just go and I'll see you tomorrow."

I smiled at her and she smiled back. We've been practically attached at the hip since we reconnected and it feels just like old times. She waved as she got into her car and drove off, leaving me with Aspen.

"I'm glad you got you're friend back, I can tell that it makes you happy."

I turned towards him and gave him a small smile. I was happy. It was something completely new to me and a feeling that he only made stronger. I was happy. 

"You make me happy. You do so much for me, I love you and I don't tell you enough just how thankful I am to have you. You've been with me since the very beginning and you've always supported me. Thank you."

He brought his hand up and gently stroked my cheek as I held back the few tears that threatened to escape. I wasn't one to be sappy, but the feelings I have for him are sometimes overwhelming. Aspen leaned over and pressed a loving kiss to my forehead that slightly lingered. 

"I love you too Ryder, so much and I'll never get tired of hearing you say it back. You mean everything to me and I'll always be here for you. We've been through so much together." 

I sighed as he leaned his forehead against mine. It was rare moments with him like these that reassure me that things get better. 

"Your mom has been watching us from the window for the last 5 minutes. I'd beter let you go now, but remember that I'll be here tomorrow to pick you up for our date. Wear something fancy."

He pressed a quick kiss to my lips before I got out of the car. I waved as he drove off before making my way towards the front door of my house. Today has been one crazy and emotional day, but I can't help being excited for what tomorrow has in store. 

---------------------------------------------------------
A/N   ANOTHER UPDATE! I hope you guys liked it! I have decided that Ryder and Aspen need a ship name because the feels are real. Any suggestions? Comment your ship names and I'll pick the best one! Remember to comment, vote, follow, and READ! 

Song of the day: Paint You Wings by All Time Low