Chapter 33

Hi! Hope you like the new cover :3 Kaden played by Jordan Weller and Nova played by Lily Collins :)

Chapter 33

Kaden and I officially moved into our own little house after a few weeks and let's just say, I found out some news that would probably make him super happy. I hadn't told him yet because I was planning a surprise for him. I mean, a way to surprise him.

I had thought of many ways, but I didn't couldn't exactly find one. So, I had put a bun in the oven in the hopes of Kaden figuring it out. Who knows if he would? Kaden has just come home and his nose obviously led him to the kitchen. I was busy hiding myself in a cupboard. Don't ask how, but I managed to fit inside.

"Nova?" he called. "There's a bun in the oven?" he said to himself and I could hear the confusion in his voice. I wanted to laugh out but I didn't. "Ohh," I heard him mumble. "Nova?" I heard his voice just outside the cupboard and I squeaked when he opened the cupboard and pulled me out. "Pregnant, huh?"

"You figured it out?"

"Sort of. I mean, your scent, baby. It's changed, again."

"When did it change first?"

"When we mated, remember? Our scents sort of mixed there. But now? It's changed again because you're pregnant. We're going to be parents," he breathed out, a grin spreading across his face. "You're pregnant," he said again, as if trying to convince himself.

"You're going to be a dad." He wraps his arms around me and lifts me up, spinning me around and kissing me. I have to admit, I pulled away and told him to put me down. I wasn't feeling very well. I felt like I was about to throw up and throwing up on him was not an option for me. That would be disgusting and gross and I really would not be able to look him in the face! "Sorry, felt like I was going to throw up," I tell him.

"Sorry, baby, are you okay now?" I nod my head. "Pregnant, huh? I can't believe this," he breathed out.

"I can't believe it either. So, how long am I pregnant for? I kind of, uh, forgot," I tell him.

"Only about four months, I'd say. So not too much suffering for you," he says, still smiling away.

"That's great then, but will I get really big?" I ask with a frown.

"That's what happens when you get pregnant, love." I think he saw my uneasiness with it because what he said next melted my heart. "I don't care what size you get to, I will always love you no matter what. Whether you're big or not, it doesn't matter to me." I wanted to cry right there and then. I didn't know whether it was because I was so overwhelmed with the love he was giving me or because my hormones were high. Who knows? "The only reason you would get big is because you're carrying our pup, and our pup shows the love we have for each other, you know?"

"I love you," I cry out, the tears pouring down my face. I couldn't stop them and I didn't know why I was crying. I didn't want to cry. Kaden embraced me into a hug and whispered sweet nothings into my ear.

"Baby, shh," he whispered. After a few minutes, I stopped crying and walked off. Yes, I just walked off. Don't ask why but I needed some fresh air. Kaden followed me though. "Are you okay?"

"What do you think we will have? Boy or girl?" I ask him, and I look down at my stomach.

"Boy, he will definitely be a boy." Then there's me thinking that our child will be a girl.

"Why are you so sure?"

"Because I know he's going to be a boy, just trust me." I shrug in response, not actually caring which gender our child was. Either way, I'd love our child no matter what. "We have to announce this amazing news to the pack," he exclaims, a huge grin spreading across his handsome face for the billionth time today.

"N-now?" I mean, I'd just found out and told him and I wanted to keep the news between the two of us. Well, for now at least.

"No, in maybe a week or so." Phew.

"I'm going to the pack house," I tell him. There was two people I did want to tell though. My father, he was one of them. Yes, Kaden refused to let him go. He was still being tortured. But I had to tell him. I was carrying his first grandchild. The second person was Edna. I hadn't spoken to her much recently but she was technically my first friend here and I know she would be happy. It's like she will be a grandma to our child, in my opinion. "I want us to tell Edna about the baby. Like, now. You know, so she's one of the first."

"Edna? Of course, let's go there now!" He takes hold of my hand and we make our way to the pack house. Once we enter it, we were greeted and it still felt odd to be addressed with such respect. We made our way into the back garden where Kaden said she would be. Luckily for us, she was indeed there. "Edna!" he called out. When she spotted us, she smiled and walked over to us. She was doing some gardening so she took off the gloves she wore and put them on the floor so she could hug us.

"How are you two? My, my, don't you both look in love still," she pointed out and I blushed. "What brings you two here?"

"We have some news to tell you," Kaden started off, "which is that we are having a pup." She gasped and grinned widely. She brought us both into a hug so the three of us were hugging. "You'll be a grandma...again."

"Oh my, I am so happy for the two of you! Congratulations! This is brilliant!" Edna was overwhelmed, you could tell. She started to tear up too. She brought us into a hug again and congratulated us again.

"Oh, Edna, don't cry," Kaden mumbled, patting her back.

"Sorry. I'm just to happy for the two of you." After that, I left Kaden and Edna to talk. I made my way down to see my father.

"What are you doing here? More torture?" he grumbled out, wheezing slightly.

"You're going to be a grandad," I simply tell him. I let the words sink in and I see something I hadn't seen in what seemed like forever; he smiled.

"You're pregnant?" The smile widened when I nodded by head. But then he started to frown. "Congratulations."

"I know you don't like me or love me, but I still had to tell you." When he didn't say anything, I decided to leave. That's all I wanted to do, I just wanted to tell him. I didn't want love from him, it was far too late for him to give me the love I needed from him. It didn't matter, I had Kaden anyway. Kaden would do anything for me, but my father? He wouldn't do anything for me.

When I appeared back in the garden, Kaden questioned where I had gone. Instead of lying, I to,d him the truth. He frowned deeply and pulled me close to him. "Don't go back down there."

"I had to tell him, Kaden."

Instead of arguing or disagreeing with me, he said, "I know." After a minute or so of silence, he asked if I wanted to go back. I said sure. As we were walking back, we bumped in Marco.

"Alpha, Luna! Nice to see you guys finally out of your love nest," he commented which earned a punch from Kaden. "Calm down, Kaden!" he laughed out.

"Yeah, yeah. Well, we are actually heading back to our love nest, as you say." Marco laughed and said goodbye to us.

"Oh, Kaden! I've heard there are a few rogues circling around our border. I sent a few men over to sort them out."

"Thanks, Marco. Good work."