Chapter 20

Chapter 20

"Sister? I thought you were an only child," Kaden whispers to me.

"I am," I reply back, but kept my gaze firmly on Lucien. Brother? He can't be my brother. "What are you talking about?" I ask Lucien.

"I'm sure you are aware who I am but if not, I'm Lucien. You know, King of Vampires. Nice to meet you, Nova. Three years of searching and here you are. Should've known he had you," he said, nodding his head towards Kaden. "Three years, and I'm finally face-to-face with my beloved sister."

"I don't have an older brother, I'm an only child," I reply back and he starts laughing.

"Didn't mummy dearest tell you? Oh of course she didn't, she would do anything to forget I was even born," he muttered, anger consuming him.

"She's dead," I deadpan and his face pales, if that were even possible.

"Dead? When?" He suddenly looked worried. Psh, too late for that.

"Nine years ago."

"Nine years?" He then turns to some old looking people. They were probably guards of some sort. I mean, he is technically royalty. "How come I was not informed of this?" he roared out, making a squeal come out of my mouth. Kaden held onto me tighter.

"B-because the former K-King and Q-Queen told us not to," the man stuttered out, making me feel sorry for him. "I-I'm sorry, your majesty," he quietly said.

Lucien turned back to me. "I guess she never had the time to tell you then, did she? Well, come with me," he said, extending his hand out to me.

"She's not going anywhere with you," Kaden growled out.

"Oh you werewolves, such the growling type aren't you? Calm your mutt side down, will you?" Now that made Kaden angrier and he looked as if he was going to start a fight with Lucien. He was clenching his other fist and his grip on my waist was slightly tight. However, I managed to calm him down. "Kaden, you've got to let her come with me."

"I will do no such thing!"

"If I go, he comes with," I tell Lucien and he narrows his eyes at Kaden.

"Hm, maybe we can rekindle our friendship. How about it, Kaden?" Kaden was still fuming, anyone could see that, but he calmed himself down somehow and took in a deep breath.

"We'll go." He turns to Marco, "You're in charge while I'm gone."

"Yes, Alpha." We walked towards Lucien and he made sure we walked out the front door first. Before I knew it, Kaden was being knocked out and I was screaming. What do you know, they knocked me out too.

***

"Nova, love, are you okay?" I opened my eyes to see Kaden's worried eyes looking at me.

"I'm fine, are you?"

"I'm perfect. I knew we shouldn't have-"

"Ah, you're both awake! Sorry we had to knock you out, it's just we can't disclose the location of our kingdom. Not yet anyway, Nova. One day you'll live here-"