Chapter 14

Chapter 14

I was having a peaceful walk outside, clearing my mind. I was finally allowed out of the hospital and I wanted to take a nice stroll. Kaden insisted on joining me, and I gladly accepted it. It was nice having somewhere care about me, but this part in the back of my mind kept telling me that it was all fake. I tried to ignore that thought, not wanting my happiness to go away.

We walked hand in hand, my small hand in his huge hand. I loved the feeling actually. Oddly enough, it made me feel safe. It was a hot day, and I hated it. I always preferred the winter because I could cuddle up in bed or bundle up in clothes without feeling the slightest bit hot. The weather was being weird actually because it is winter but it's a hot day. How weird is that?

We managed to walk into the forest and Kaden suggested we let our wolves roam around a bit. He said I should let my wolf out because she probably hasn't been out in a while. He was right, she hadn't. I felt bad but I couldn't help it. I had my reasons.

I agreed to letting Ariella out so she could have a run. I quickly hid behind a tree and stripped, then shifting into my wolf. I felt the unfamiliar feeling of my bones cracking. It felt strangely good. I jumped out from behind the tree to find Kaden already in his wolf form. He nodded his head for me to start running around, so I do. I run for ages, miles ahead. Ariella purred at getting the exercise she needed. I loved the feeling too, and Kaden was always right behind me.

We soon ran back to where our clothes were and I shifted back, throwing on my clothes. Just as I was putting on my jeans, a hand clasps itself around my mouth and an arm around my waist. I struggle against the persons, not being able to see who it was. They kick my legs indicating they wanted me to move forward. Can't I catch a break?

Kaden was fully dressed and growled when I came into view. "Get your filthy hands off of her," he growled out. But his eyes strayed to my thighs..my scarred up thighs. His face softened the tiniest bit with a hint of confusion, sadness and hurt.

"Why the hell haven't you killed her yet?" The man growled out. It wasn't just any ordinary man, I recognised the voice. I've heard it the whole seventeen years of my life.

"Who the hell are you?" Kaden asked, getting into fighting position.

"Would you care to answer that?" He removed his hand from my mouth and I sigh before telling Kaden who the man was.

"My father," I breathe out, still struggling to get away from him.

"You're nothing to me," he growled into my ear. It hurt, it really did. He was all the family I have left, but now I have no one. Mind you, I haven't had anyone care for me since mum died. I was all alone, and now? Now I'm probably going to die. He's going to finish me off. But maybe it's for the best. Surely Kaden deserves better than a broken and scarred up mate.

"Get. Off. Of. Her." Kaden was getting angrier and it was clearly visible. Before my eyes, he shifted back into his wolf and lunged towards us. I was scared, what if he managed to hurt me? I'd be use to it.

He wouldn't hurt you, he's our mate, Ariella told me. I disagreed though, considering I was knocked down onto the floor. I landed with a thud, crying out in pain as I land on my wrist. Heal, heal, heal. I pray in my head that it'd heal quickly. Kaden's gaze momentarily switched to me but then my dad, who had now shifted too, managed to claw at Kaden. He turned back and started fighting with my dad.

I shifted too, my clothes shredding. I went into the fight, attacking my dad. For all he's done to me, I could never forgive him. Like he said, I was nothing to him. I suppose I might as well act as if he was nothing to me. I clawed at him too which shocked him. He was fighting two against one, which was unfair on him but I didn't care. I turned my head when I heard more howls. Back up. They came and attacked my dad too, Kaden nudging me out of the fight.

Get out of here, he growls to me through the mindlink. I couldn't though. I watched as my dad was helpless and being brutally attacked. It broke my heart, he was still my dad, but I couldn't care.. I just couldn't. After all he put me through.. I can barely get close to my own mate because of him. Not just him, but the pack too.

I lunged for him, the other wolves moving away. I pinned him down and growled in his face. I was about to snap his neck, but I faltered. I stopped. I can't. He took the opportunity and pinned me down instead, which earned a thunderous growl from Kaden. He jumped onto my dad, pushing him off of me. I lay there, stunned. I had the chance, but I lost it. I faltered.

A few of the wolves started to drag me away, but I pushed them away. I couldn't leave Kaden, and I wanted to see what would happen to my dad. Kaden charged into him when he was gaining his balance, and he hit his head against a tree trunk and fell onto his front. He automatically shifted back to his human form.

Kaden howled in victory, turning to me. He shifted back to his human form and my eyes divert to his area. I didn't mean to, but it was just...there. I couldn't help but stare. I saw him smirk as Marco came into sight and threw him some clothes. "Thanks, Marco," he said.

"Yeah, yeah. Quit showing off your dick to your mate and put your clothes on," he laughed out. Kaden joined in and laughed but I knew if I was in human form, my cheeks would be the reddest of red.

"Go behind that tree, love, you can have my shirt." I did as Kaden told me too, catching the shirt in my mouth. I shifted back and threw on his shirt which was barely enough to cover my thighs. I stared at them. He saw them. He knows.. "Nova?" he called, and I peeped my head around the tree. "You okay?"

"I, um, need some pants."

"It's fine, come on." I didn't want the other pack members to see me, and I think he saw that I didn't want them to. "They're gone. They've taken your father to the, uh, cells. Come on, love, I'll carry you." I was still reluctant but walked out anyway, trying to pull the shirt down as far as I could. The further I pulled it down, the more my butt was on view. Can't win, can I? He closed the distance between us, picking me up bridal style and carrying me. He didn't say anything about my scars, and I was thankful for that but I knew he probably would ask about them later. For now, I was glad we just walked back to the pack house. He quickly led us upstairs, making sure no one was around. Once we were in our room, he placed me on the bed. "Are you okay?" he asks me, and I nod my head. "You're not, are you?"

"I am. I'm just shocked he was here.."

"You know I'll always protect you, right? No one can hurt you. And what happened when you fell?"

"I landed on my wrist, but it's okay now."

"Sure?"

"Yes." He smiles and walked to my draws and pulls out a few things . He chucks them in my direction and I realise it was underwear and some leggings. I quickly throw them on, not caring if he was looking. I had my back to him anyway. I then turn back to him. "What are you going to do with him?"

"I'm not too sure yet." I wanted hem to torture him, kill him, make him see what I went through. But deep down, I knew I couldn't wish that upon him. I didn't want that. Not at all. It was stupid but a small part of me, and I mean really small part of me, still cared for him. For eight years of my life, he loved me dearly. Then it changed. But I can't forget that. How can I?

He was still my dad.