Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Edna and I had come back from shopping and we had a whole load of shopping bags. Edna even called Marco to come pick us up as we just had so many. She claimed that Kaden told her to get me everything I wanted, no matter the cost. So, she did. And boy was it a lot. I wasn't use to being spoilt like this, and I tried to lessen the amount of stuff we bought but she seemed to see through my façade when I told her I didn't want certain things. She still bought them either way. Clothes, lingerie, shoes, coats etc. Everything and anything. She even bought me books that I showed an interest in. She even bought me food as well as we shopped. Well, she bought herself food too obviously.

When Marco came to pick us up, he was shocked at the amount of shopping bags we had with us. But, he carried the majority of them for us and put them in his car while we put some in Edna's car. We had driven back and he helped carry everything up to Kaden's room, which he claimed was mine as well.

Marco has informed Kaden that we were back as he came out of his office and to his room. He stood there in the doorway, mouth agape. "That's-"

"A lot?" I finish off, looking at the bags that were on the floor.

"Did you at least get me something?" He asks, looking to Edna.

She nods and searches for the bag, which took a little bit longer considering there was a lot of bags. She takes out a couple of tubs of cotton candy and his eyes light up like a little kid. He takes them from her and scuppers off. She looks to me and smiles, "It's his favourite. I always get him some."

"How long have you known him?" I ask. She seemed middle aged so I was pretty curious. Did she know him from when he was a child, when he was born?

"His parents were always quite busy, so I always looked after him. I grew him up and all, obviously with the help of his mother. Eventually when he reached about eight, his father too, time out to train him for his Alpha role." Eight? "I still continued to look after him, obviously. His mother was busy looking after the pack when Alpha Kaden's father trained him. They trained a lot, you know? His mother was very tired after looking after the pack. He didn't have a normal childhood, but he still had his parents there for him. He also had me, and his parents considered myself as family."

"Wow, that's amazing. He seems like a nice guy, I guess that's because of you mainly?"

"He is a nice guy. He's got a heart of gold, and I know you do too. You've got to let him him, accept him. You guys are mates, and you both deserve to be happy. You may not believe it, but you definitely deserve to be happy. I haven't known you for a long time, but I know you deserve happiness," she smiles at me and starts rummaging through the bags, picking out the clothes and taking off the tags. She started to pack them away in the wardrobes. "Come on, give this old woman a helping hand." I laugh and smile in return, walking over to help her. Within an hour, we finally finished packing everything away. I even had a spare draw so Edna put my books in there. "Right, now I best go make sure my grandkids are okay," she says, clapping her hands.

"You should've said, you didn't have to stay and help!"

"Oh it's fine, their parents are obviously there. I just have to see them everyday because I cannot get enough of how cute they are!" I didn't realise she has kids, let alone grandkids. The way she spoke about raising Kaden made it sound like she didn't have kids of her own. "I know what you're thinking, I spent a lot of time looking after Alpha Kaden, but I did look after my own children don't worry. They also had their father. Actually, I looked after Alpha Kaden as well as my own children. They all would play together."

"Are they still friends?"

"Well, one is the Beta."

"Marco? He's your son?"

"Indeed he is," she replies.

"And he's got a kid?"

"Two. A boy and a girl. One and a half year old, and a two month old." So cute. "I'm sure once you've settled in, Marco won't mind you coming to see them. Now, I best be off. I'll see you later, Luna," she waves and heads out the door. Knowing Marco was one of her children, I thought back to earlier when he came to help us. They didn't show they were related, let alone mother and son. I would never have guessed!

I take out a book from the draw and sit on the couch that was by the window. I put my feet up on the couch, but my legs were too small so I just about covered over half of it. I was too into my book that I didn't realise Kaden had sat beside my feet. When I did realise, I looked at him to find him just staring at me. "Um," I start off, raising a brow at him.

"Sorry, you just look so into your book. You look adorable," he replies, his cheeks turning a slight reddy colour. "What's it about?"

"A woman goes missing and they're trying to find out what happens to her. It's a good mystery, because I love when they make you really curious and you've got to figure out the kidnapper too. It's great! And then they're trying to find the woman before he does something bad to her. It's pretty good so far. I mean the first chapter wasn't too good because it was the build up and they're usually a little boring at first. But then it got onto the second one and it's getting more interesting."

"That sounds like a pretty interesting book," he says, examining the cover of the book.

"Do you wanna have a look at it?" I ask, handing it to him after putting a bookmark in it. He shakes his head. "You wanna read it?"

"Uh, after you've finished reading it yourself." I shrug and open the book again reading where I left off. However, I was getting distracted. Kaden kept poking at my feet. "Kaden," I call, getting his attention. He looks up, still poking at my feet. I stare at him and look at him poking my feet.

"Oh, right, sorry," he mutters, stopping himself from poking my feet. I go back to reading but again, he distracts me. "So, what clothes did you get?"

"Where's your cotton candy?" I ask, knowing that that would probably distract him.

"In my office, why?" I get off the couch and run to his office, my book still in hand. I walk inside, find the tubs of cotton candy. I take one and rush back to the room. I hand it to him, his eyes lighting up again, and sit back down and attempt to read again.

I stopped though, looking at how mesmerised he was when eating his cotton candy. He looked to me and tore off a piece, putting it by my mouth. I open my mouth and he puts it in and it melts on my tongue. This is so good. I hadn't had cotton candy in ages and o forgot how good it tasted. He puts more in my mouth and I grin. "I haven't had his in ages," I tell him.

He hands me the tub and gets up, walking off. I frown. Did I scare him off? He then comes back with another tub and sits beside me again. He hands it to me, and takes the other. "We can just stuff our faces with it, you can have that tub."

"But it's yours," I say frowning. Edna had bought it for him, not me.

"Yeah but I want to share with you," he says, opening the tub for me. "Go on, dig in."

"Okay then," I said uneasily. He grins as I end up stuffing my face with cotton candy as he does too. "This is going to ruin our dinner."

"So?" Well, I suppose he's right about that. It doesn't really matter, does it? Nah.