Storms, tea, and cuddles.

Rain drizzles down the clean glass window, almost obscuring the view of the dark clouds outside. Thunder booms, making the window rattle and you jump. Your skin feels prickly and you move from your seat at the bay window where you were sipping a mug of hot tea and gazing at the raindrops on the glass.
You hear the front door open and PJ swears quietly under his breath. He's back from work and you're so glad about that. You set your mug down and race around the corner, your sock feet slipping slightly. You jump on PJ, wrapping your arms around his neck. He laughs as you shower his face with kisses.
"I'm glad to see you too, darling, but you're going to get soaking wet from my clothes." PJ says, trying to gently push you off of him. You let go of him and pout slightly. His curls are damp with rain and his jacket is rather soaked. His shoes have left little puddles of water all over the floor.
"Did you not take your umbrella?" You ask as PJ quickly kicks his shoes off and shrugs out of his jacket.
"I forgot it this morning," PJ replies, wrapping his arms around your waist now that he's free of his wet jacket. "I was running late this morning. Thanks to you."
A mischievous smirk appears on his lips when he says that last part.
You grin and reach up on your tiptoes to give PJ a kiss while wrapping your arms around him and hugging him tightly to your body.
"Get changed into something comfortable and come cuddle with me," You tell him, rubbing the tip of your nose against his when you finish kissing. Thunder booms again and your arms tighten around PJ.
PJ's hand rubs soothingly along your back and he kisses your forehead before running upstairs to get changed. You go to the kitchen, getting the kettle to make PJ a cup of tea too.
A couple of minutes later and you hear sock feet pattering across the floor before a pair of arms slide around your waist. You smile as PJ nuzzles his face into the crook of your neck and gives a little kiss.
"I missed you all day," PJ whispers.
"Not as much as I missed you," you reply, twining your fingers through his.
"Oh you think so, do you?"
"Mm-hm."
"Let's just agree that we both missed each other equally today."
"Mm....I still think I missed you more, though."
PJ chuckles and kisses your cheek before moving to the cabinet to get his favorite mug out. You watch his long nimble fingers as he places a teabag into the mug and begins telling you about his day. His hands and fingers are two of your most absolute favorite things about Peej. But you love everything about PJ, from his beautiful green eyes to his creative mind. Five years ago you didn't think that you'd be married to the most awesome man in the universe. But here you are, watching the man you are utterly in love with who still makes you get butterflies in the pit of your stomach after all these years.
The kettle shrieks, interrupting PJ and breaking you out of your day dreamy state.
You take the kettle off the stove and pour the hot water into PJ's waiting mug.
"Ready to go cuddle now?" PJ asks as he picks his mug up.
"I've been waiting for this all day," You tell him before running to the living room. You and PJ settle on the sofa with your teas, cuddled under a blanket while the storm makes its existence loud and clear outside. PJ blows on his tea and takes a sip before setting the mug on the side table. He wraps his arms tightly around you and kisses your cheek while you sip your tea that has grown luke warm.
"So what do you want for dinner?" PJ asks you as you rest your head against his chest.
"Hmm, don't know yet." you reply, listening to the soothing sound of PJ's heart beat.
"We'll figure it out after this storm finishes." PJ says and then a loud boom of thunder makes itself heard, almost as if it's protesting about leaving anytime soon. "....If it finishes."
You laugh and snuggle up closer to PJ, inhaling his comforting scent.
"Peej?" you say a few minutes later.
"Yes, sweetpea?"
"I love you."
"I love you too, (Y/n)."

A/n: At long last I have finally updated. Thank you to everyone who has read these one shots, making it reach all the way to 22,000 reads. I truly never thought my work would ever get that much attention.  So a big thank you to each and every one of you.
Don't forget to comment; I love reading you guys comments.
Big hugs and mini PJ Liguori's to everyone! (Wouldn't it be awesome to have a mini Peej?).
Xo, Gatsby1925.