Confession of Love.

(Y/n) watches as the rain dribbles down the café's window. She's been waiting here for a little over thirty minutes. She and her best friend PJ were supposed to meet here at the local café to go over a mini movie they want to make together. She doesn't really know why neither one of them decided not to meet at one or the other's house, but she doesn't mind the café as it's got a nice, quiet and relaxing atmosphere. The coffee is good, the cake is excellent, and the mix matched, overstuffed chairs and sofas are incredibly comfortable. She glances at her text messages she's shared with PJ while taking a sip of her delicious coffee and finds that he still hasn't messaged her back. She texted him fifteen minutes ago, thinking that maybe he had gotten caught up in something like a very good nap or some apartment cleaning. But now she's starting to get worried. Maybe he forgot or he decided he didn't want to come, which isn't something PJ would do at all. (Y/n) has known PJ since they were young and she knows he wouldn't stand her up. There's only one time that he's missed one of their "meetings" and that was because he was exhausted from staying up all night working on one of his brilliant plans. She had to force him to stay home then. She fans through the journal she keeps all her ideas in and sighs. She prefers writing down her ideas with pen and paper compared to using an iPad or computer. She's got several journals filled with her and PJ's ramblings and ideas. (Y/n) hears a knock on the window she was just watching moments before and looks up to see a wet PJ. (Y/n)'s eyes widen and PJ gives a sheepish grin before giving a silly wave of his hand and heading to the café's door. When he comes inside he holds up a finger to indicate for her to wait one moment longer while he orders a hot tea for himself. She watches him, her eyes narrowed and a scolding on the tip of her tongue about how he should have driven or taken a cab.
The barrista sets the steaming tea down on the counter and walks away after PJ thanks her. PJ grabs the cup and saucer, embarrassed because he can feel (Y/n)'s eyes boring into the back of his head. He knows he's in for some sort of reprimand, either about being late or being wet. Probably both knowing (Y/n). PJ takes a deep breath and heads to the table (Y/n)'s sitting at, feeling his stomach do a little flip and his heart beat a little faster when his green eyes catch her (y/e/c) eyes.
"Before you can fuss at me, hear me out," PJ says as he sits down in the wingbacked chair across from (Y/n). He pauses for a moment, wondering whether or not to tell her the reason why he is late is because he put in extra effort in looking nice today. Just for her. He spent fifteen minutes trying to decide which sweater to wear and ten minutes on combing his hair. Then when he finally left he forgot his umbrella because he was disgruntled about how long it took him to get ready. Needless to say that ten minutes on his hair was a waste of time. His hair is now curly as ever and sticking out every which way because he's been running his hands through it.
"And?" (Y/n) asks, raising her eyebrows as she feels her cheeks heat up when she looks at PJ.
"And....I took forever to get ready." PJ finally says. "I couldn't find a sweater I liked, so I finally just settled on this one."
He plucks at the dark sweater with little fox heads all over it.
"Your sweater is cute," (Y/n) replies, smiling. PJ grins and blows on his tea to get it to cool down quicker.
"So," He says after taking a sip of tea. "What are your ideas for the movie script?"
"Well, I liked your one idea about a different universe," She says as she opens up her journal. And that's when PJ starts zoning out. He's not doing it intentionally, it's just that he thinks watching (Y/n) is so mesmerizing. Like being hypnotized by a pocket watch swinging back and forth. He hears her voice and listens to her words, but he doesn't really comprehend what she's saying. He watches her fingers that are flipping through the pages of her journal, pointing at little sketches she's made here and there to get a better idea of how she wants this movie to be. He's dazzled by her brilliant, creative mind that he's in love with, unbeknownst to her. He keeps his affection towards her hidden, though sometimes he does do sweet things like get her something he thinks she'd like, whether it be a game or a sweater. He notices that the sweater (Y/n)'s wearing now is, in fact, one that he got her last year.
PJ rests his chin on his hand and gazes at (Y/n)'s face. He likes the way the pieces of her (y/h/c) hair that have slipped from her bun and are hanging around her face. He adores the way her brows furrow in concentration as she makes a couple of quick changes in her journal. The way her light perfume plays its way over to his nose makes his stomach fill with butterflies and he bites his lip.
(Y/n) glances up from her journal to see that PJ is looking at her with a dreamy expression on his face.
"You're not listening to a word I say, are you?" She asks hotly.
"I was listening," PJ stutters out, coming out of his daydream quickly. "I like everything you said. All of your ideas are very good and I want all of them in the script."
"Why were you staring at me like that?" She asks. PJ's stomach drops and he begins stuttering again.
"U-uh, l-like what?" He asks as he awkwardly scratches the back of his neck.
"Like I was a very rare, beautiful painting," She states. Her cheeks feel hot. "I've never seen you look like that except for, like, two times before. Once was when you saw the waiter bringing us our food after you hadn't eaten all day and the other was when we got up early that one morning to watch the sun rise."
"Er, I really don't know what to say, (Y/n)." PJ says, turning red as he gives a little embarrassed laugh. "I guess I could just tell you the truth."
"And what is that?" (Y/n) asks, wrapping her fingers tightly together to keep them from shaking.
"....I'm in love with you, (Y/n)." PJ replies and (Y/n)'s heart swells with joy. She grins and bites her lip. She's loved PJ for so long but she's kept it very well hidden. His face is red and he can't help the grin that breaks out.
"Well....I'm in love with you too, Peej." (Y/n) says as she leans across the table. She grabs him by his sweater and pulls him in for a long awaited kiss.
If someone were to walk outside in front of the café window then they'd see two lovers sweetly kissing, not a care in the world at the moment.

A/n: I spend way too much time on those little collages I put with these one shots. They're fun to make nonetheless.