22: The Street Guitar Guy

I walked down the street with my favorite *Insert hot drink* that I got from the coffee shop. It's weird how they call it coffee shop when they sell more then coffee. I was walking to the bookstore where I worked. Dresscode doesn't matter which was the main reason why I got that job. Plus I get to read all my favorite books which is just a bonus. Across the street where the park is there is always a boy sitting by a tree playing the guitar and occasionally singing for money. On my lunch break I would sit on a bench that's near him so I can hear him play while I read a book, but not to close to draw attention and seem like a creep.

He's an attractive guy, another bonus, and I would talk to him but I'm way too shy to do that. "Hey Margaret." I said to the elderly lady at the front desk. "Hey Y/n, I saw you standing at the door staring at that boy again. When are you goning to get the nerve to talk to him?" She said shaking her head and I giggled. "Never! I prefer to just stare at a distance." I said. "Oh dear, when I was your age I met my Harry. I was the one who went up to him and asked him out and guess what, he said yes."

"Of course he did Margaret, you are do pretty no guy can reject you." I said as I looked out the clear door to see some people forming around the guy. "Thanks sweetie I know I am, but Y/n you are beautiful! He would be honored to go out with you!" I sighed. "I'm going to restock the Romance section." I dropped my bag behind the desk and walked off. I started to put the books by title and saw one with an interesting title "The Hope of Tomorrow." I turned it around to read the back.

"Jenna is your usual bookworm. Ryder is your usual popular, loved guy in the school. What will happen when Jenna puts down her books and goes after the guy of her dreams? Will he reject her-"

"I'm so done." I whispered and put the book on the shelf. It's probably another one of those sucky cliché story.

Later

"I'm going to my lunch break Margaret." I said grabbing my bag and a random book. "Remember what I told you." She said typing into her computer. "Oh hush." I said laughing and went out running across the street before the light turned green. I looked at my bench to see that a couple was sitting there watching over their kids playing on the playground. I sighed and looked around.

There was actually a lot of people in the park today so I couldn't find a free bench. I decided to sit under a tree. I found a perfect tree but the only problem was that it was way too close to...him. I shook it off and decided to just sit there. At least I will be able to hear him clearly. Plus I'm basically invisible so he won't even noticed me.

I sat down and he turned towards me giving him a smile. What how?! I thought I was invisible! I didn't even think he would bother to look up. I realized I was staring so I gave him a quick smile and looked down at my book flustered. "The Hope of Tomorrow."

You have got to be kidding me! Of all books I get this one. I sighed and started reading listening to the familiar tune of "Tears in Heaven."

I closed the book on chapter 7. I read pretty fast so I still have about 15 minutes of my lunch break. The book actually gave me confidence. Margaret did also. If Jenna had the guts to ask out Ryder then I should too.

I shoved the book into my bag and stood up. I have butterflies in my stomach but I know I can do this. I turned and took a few steps towards him since I was already close. He noticed me and smiled at me once again. "Uh hi, I'm Y/n." I said and stuck my hand out. "Daniel." He said kindly and shook my hand. He placed his guitar in the case on the money and stood up. Wow his face up close is perfect. (A/n: It truely is 😂)

I realized we were standing in silence and decided to speak. "You play guitar and sing great, I wish I had your talent." I said laughing and he joined. "Thanks, maybe I can teach you one day." Is he asking me out? That was my job. This gave me more confidence though. "That would be awesome!"

Maybe I can ask him out for an earlier time. "So I work across the street in the bookstore I don't know of you ever noticed me."

"I always noticed you." He smiled, his smiles are perfect I'm glad he always does it. "I was wondering if you wanted to go to the cafe nearby after my shift." I said playing with my fingers. "Are you asking me out?" He asked. "Oh um...Yes." I said blushing and nodded. "That would be great." He laughed. "Cool! Well I should probably get back to work, we can meet here after. Oh and here you go" I said taking out five dollars from my bag. "What's this for?" He asked.

"Well you play for money, and your amazing at it so you earned those five dollars." I said laughing as I noticed his small blush. "Oh yeah! Thanks." Daniel said and shoved it in his pocket. "Well I'll see you later." He said going back to his spot and I nodded walking back to the bookstore smiling like crazy. I have to tell Margaret everything.

~~
My new favorite chapter 😊 so school starts on Tuesday kill me now.

~Jessica♡