I grabbed my purse and keys before following Zella out and locking the door.

"So what are we eating?" I questioned stopping at a red light.

"So I was thinking Asian food. The restaurant off Washington Ave." She stated meekly. I knew why.

"You mean Siracha house? The place the basketball players go every Thursday after practice." I side eyed her.

"Yes. I know you don't wanna see him, but Jarani is gonna be there and I haven't seen him since Thursday and I miss his sexy ass."

"Out of all the boys that tried to fuck with you, you talk to a dopeboy? Still don't get that."

"Gir not only is he intelligent and a gentleman, but he is literally so fine. Did I mention he was 6'6? He need to play basketball his damn self. Plus his money is legit now. He owns two gyms and bought his sister that bakery she always wanted.

I told him what my stance on what he did in the beginning and I guess I got through to him. I did nothing but encourage him to better himself.

I can't stand when people say "I can't knock your hustle blah blah" because I'm gon' knock it out the park. Why would I want to be with someone who plans engage in illegal shit all their life when I'm doing the total opposite? I know how dangerous and just plain stupid that stuff is so I wasn't having it and I explained that from jump. I don't understand how women who know their dude is smart and have potential, lets them think that shit is okay. Like no. You're smart. Do better." She rambled truthfully. I nodded in agreeing.

I used to think that shit was cute, but I grew up and realized that it's for the birds. I've witnessed it daily and I wanted no parts in it.

I've seen more people die selling it, than the actual people using; it's crazy.

"Precisely. Well okay. Just because I don't want you nagging me about seeing your boo. I guess when can go."

"Thanks babe. So how do I look?"

"Beautiful as always

"Beautiful as always. What about me?"

 What about me?"