Chapter 3

Maya wasn't hurt too badly when we got to the pack doctor. A mild concussion that rendered her unconscious. A broken rib and finger that would heal in less than an hour but would be really sore.

Aki and I waited for her to wake up so we could talk to her.

"So what do you think happened out there",Aki asked.

"Probably just a group of Rouges looking for an easy target to catch for their nasty perversions",I say shivering in disgust.

"Oh my. Poor Maya! I would be so scared",Aki says.

Aki might be a kickass fighter and have Gamma blood in her but she gets scared after she thinks about the situation when she finishes the fight. Adrenaline flows through her while fighting but afterwards she's all tears.

"Me too",I admitted. Yes I hate showing weakness but being weak is better than being a cold hearted bitch all the time. This coming from and Alpha is very rare. An alpha admitting their feelings to pack members is also rare but it creates a stronger bond with the pack. Most alphas don't realize that and that's why most of them can't control their packs.

"Kaylee she's awake",Inya, the pack doctor says coming from the back room.

I get up and walking to the Maya's room to see her sitting up crying. My wolf growled. She hated seeing pack pack members crying. I hated it as well. Its the alpha blood coursing through our veins.

"Maya I need to ask you a few questions",I say, my voice cracking from anger and sadness.

Maya looks up at my with fear in her eyes and starts crying harder. I think I scared her with my tone of voice.

"Maya I'm not mad at you I'm mad at the Rouges for making you cry",I say.

"They cause me to lose my cub", Maya whispers. My eyes widen and I gasp. I didn't know she was pregnant. She murmurs something about her mate and leaving.

"Oh Maya I'm so sorry",I say and engulf her in a hug and start crying along with her.

"They punched me in the stomach. They didn't even know I was pregnant. I wasn't struggling at all. I just didn't want my baby to die",she starts crying even harder. I feel Aki hug us from the side.

"What's going on here",a voice asks from the door. Its Max, Maya's mate.

"Max I'm so sorry I was attacked. They punched me in the stomach I lost the baby. I tried to protect her but they just keep on punching me",Maya says and crys even harder.

"Max I swear I'm going to find the men that did this and kill them. There's only two more to find",I say.

"No it's ok",Max smirks,"Maya Carson's I ,Max Canfeild, reject you as my mate."

I stare at him in shock.

"Max please don't do this. Don't go back to Brittany",Maya whispers.

I assume it's Brittany Aaron's the packs second biggest slut. I swear I'm going knock the bitch out one day.

"Max my dads are gonna HEAR about this. You will be out of this pack by tomorrow evening. They don't take rejections lightly",I say glaring at the bastard with so much hate that if looks could kill he'd be a lot more than 6 feet under. Vera ,my wolf, is threatening to to take over and rip his throat out.

"Vera you know we can't",I say.

"Why not? Why can't I kill the bastard right here right now",she asks.

"Because I'm not alpha yet",I say feeling her ease off a bit.

"I'll try not too",she says.

"You think I'm scared of going rogue",Max says with a smirk.

"If your so brave then why not just go rogue right here right now",I say threateningly. His eyes show his fear. Its my turn to smirk.

"I'd rather stay here in my comfy cozy pack", he says.

"I thought you weren't scared of going rogue",I say," if you aren't chicken you'll leave this pack and never return."

"Make me",he says.

That's it. Vera loses it and takes over lunging at Max pinning him to the wall.

"Kaylee stop",Maya says holding her throat. Her voiced It laced with pain.

"Vera she hasn't broke the bond yet. Stop",I say.

Vera stopped and I gained control. Max was on the floor shaking. I turn to Maya just as my eyes were going back to there normal color.

Even though I'm mad at Max, Maya's health such more important to me. If I hurt Max before Maya breaks the bond by accepting the rejection. Maya may only feel half the pain but it still hurts like hell.

"I'm sorry Maya. Vera took over. That dumbo should know not to challenge an already very pissed alpha wolf",I say.

"It's fine but I have something to say. Max Canfeild, I Maya Carson's accept your rejection", she says.

"I'm gonna get my dads in here to take care of the scumbag on the floor",I say with hate. If you can reject your mate, who did nothing wrong, your complete scrum. Maya had a reason to accept the rejection.

"Dad", I say into the mindlink.

"Yes",two voices say.

"Come to the pack doctors right away please",I say.

On my way",they both say. They say the same thing a lot. Its still freaky to this day.

They finally arrive.

"What's wrong",they ask.

"One of out pack members, Maya Carson's, Luke Carson's daughter was attacked earlier. She lost her unborn child during the attack. I handled everything accordingly up until the moment her mate walked through the door. He walked in and found out she lost her cub and he rejected her. He started to challenge me and I was already pissed off as it was and his stupid ass decided it would be fun to challenge me. Vera took over and pinned him against the wall. Maya was the only thing that stopped Vera from killing him", I say.

"You did a pretty good job", Dylan says.

"Thanks dad",I say.
"Max",Nick says.
"Stand up",Dylan says.

Max stands up. He's still in pain from the acception.

Accepting the rejection hurts the rejector just as much as it does to reject someone. I smirk knowing he's in pain. Dylan walks over to Maya.

"We're gonna make sure he pays",he tells her.

"Good",she says.

"Kaylee show us where the attack took place",Nick says,"I have guards on the way to watch Max."

"Ok let's go",I say.

We take off into the night.