I stopped at the beginning of the woods. The trees were tall, they had a look about them, as if the bark on their trunks had faces. Their leaves talking to you with the coming winds. I ran, I ran through the woods.

I knew I shouldn’t have, I knew when daddy found out he’d tell me off. I knew that he’d scold me and take away my favourite Nintendo game. But I couldn’t help it.

When I reached the opening to the meadow I slowed down. Something had drawn me to it. Something had made me go there.

I laid down on the poppy flowers, they were everywhere, in wild bunches and in a variety of colours. I smiled, loving the warm sunshine.

“You shouldn’t be here,”

I didn’t jump at the voice.

“Hello Cassie,” I said looking in his direction, moving only my head. Castiel was my friend; he was special like a superhero. He could disappear when he wanted to and never got hurt when I hit him when I was angry. He sat next to me. Cas didn’t like it when I was alone, sometimes when daddy left me Cas would join me and draw pictures, or watch a cartoon (he always commented on the most unusual things), or even, if he was feeling nice get me pie. Apple pie and Cherry pie were my favourite.

“How are you today?” I asked blinking at him. He lay back next to me. Castiel was like me, I think we both had a sense that even though we were born (or made) into this world, we never quite fit in where we were.

“I am fine thank you little child,” he nodded.

“That’s good Cassie Bear,”

He smiled softly. Cassie Bear rarely smiled. He was serious.

“How are you?” He asked back, he managed to sit completely still without moving a muscle. I fidgeted while trying to sit still.

“I’ve been better…Cas?” I looked at him. He had a perfect face.

“Yes?”

“What was my mum like?” I whispered, dad never answered my questions and Sam was respectful.

“She has an attitude,” he said fondly, “a huge attitude!”

I closed my eyes, feeling the air whoosh beneath me. I landed with a thump. Damn my ass hurts.  I was so going to have a bruise. I peeled my eyes open. I was at the meadow! I had teleported.
I had freakin’ superpowers.

This was awesome.

Even the poppies looked the same. The sun was glorious on my skin. It was, as I stood groaning in pain that I realized I was alone.

Where was Ramie? Where had he disappeared?

Mackinley

I was being a bit of a creep. I have to admit it wasn’t an on purpose thing. It kind of just happened. I could not stop staring though. I tried forcing myself to stop but for the life of me, I couldn’t. There was no way I could not look at him. Even after all this time, he looked the same. He had the same smile, the same eyes, the same everything.

He was just as good looking. He was just as arrogant. He was maybe, a bit more sarcastic but hey, who was I to judge?

“She doesn’t like me,” I declared still looking at Dean. He sighed for the hundredth time.

“Molly’s a funny one, she’ll get used to you. The only reason she might act a bit weird is because she’d half of you and half of me,” Dean said with a proud green. I laughed.