Chapter Two- Edited.

Começar do início

For once Lauren didn't feel as alone in this world as she did, and even though it was just a friendly chat with a new friend, it was still something.

''Well I must get back to work dear.'' Carol smiled kindly and Lauren felt herself slump a little, she really didn't want Carol to leave, she was having a nice time talking to her.

''Ok, how much do I owe you for the books and the drink?'' Lauren asked, making a move to get her purse out of her bag.

''Oh no dear, don't worry. It's on me.'' The old lady patted her Lauren's hand and grabbed the empty cups.

''I-I can't!'' Lauren stuttered, surprised at this old ladies kindness.

''It's fine dear, don't worry. It was very nice talking to you Lauren.'' Carol smiled at Lauren and winked before going through a door into the kitchen.

Lauren just sat there in silence for a couple minutes, the books that were now in her bag and drink together must of cost a lot, and Lauren had more than enough money to pay for the whole book store and cafe. 

Feeling guilty, she stood up and pulled a twenty out of her purse before walking over to the tip jar and placing it in there. Lauren didn't notice, but Carol shook her head at Lauren's thoughtfulness through the window of the kitchen door, smiling as Lauren left.

Growing hungry after browsing many baby shops, Lauren found her way to a McDonald's, her body craving a big, fatty burger. As she ordered, the server looked at her like she couldn't believe such a meal was going to be eaten by a skinny girl, but Lauren now figured she was eating for two so ordered an ice cream as well as her big mac meal with a side of chicken nuggets and extra chips. 

''Thanks.'' Lauren smiled and took the tray off the lady and sat down, immediately digging into her food. It didn't take long for her to eat everything, and once she chucked all the rubbish in the bin, ordered another ice cream to the workers surprise, she started her journey home.

Lauren huffed when her feet started aching and she scolded herself for leaving the car at home. She tried to ignore her aching feet by shoving more of her delicious ice cream in her mouth and it worked, the chocolate buttons metled in her mouth along witht he ice cream and she had to hold in a moan.

She spotted an alley a few metres ahead that would shorten her walk, it looked quite sketchy but when Lauren looked down the long alley, there was no one there and it looked good to go. Smoke was coming out of a vent and a few bags of rubbish littered to side as Lauren continued to walk down the long alley, eating her ice cream whilst she went. 

A door suddenly opening startled Lauren and she jumped, nearly dropping her ice cream, but dropping her bag instead she let out a small shout of surprise as she cradled her ice cream as if it was going to run away. When the man turned around, nothing could compare to the amount of surprise she felt at that moment, or the sense of realisation as she gazed at the mans handsome face.

Lauren was sat there in the club, just gazing into her glass as she perched on a stool at the bar. The atmosphere was a welcoming change from the stuffiness she had to put up with earlier in the police station. 

She had just been let out of being questioned all day and immediately took herself to somewhere she knew would help after changing into something more decent. Liam, her brother, used to drink to get rid of unwanted emotions and Lauren felt like she'd do the same.

Finishing her drink, Lauren tried to get the attention of the bar man who was at the other end when a large, imposing figure got in the way, immediately drawing the mans attention and ordering himself another drink.