Dash Parr - Speedy Love

In which you're a girl who meets Dash as a child, and he takes a quick liking to you. (GxB)

     You noticed Dash the moment he was introduced in class. Of course, you were all new in the --th grade in ----- Elementary, but he just happened to stand out to you the most.
     Your e/c eyes took in nearly every detail, from his short blond hair to his bright blue eyes, up to the fact that he seemed to move just the slightest bit quicker than most people, which made you wonder if he was naturally hyper or just happened to have a bit of caffeine that morning. Either way, you loved how enthusiastic he seemed to be as well as how anxious he seemed to want out of there.
     All he gave out was a simple, "I'm the fastest runner," which was followed with daring mutters, before he went back to his seat as the others were hushed by the teacher.
     "----- -----," the bland teacher's voice called out to you, and before you even completely realized your name was called, you were on your feet and walking right up to the front of the room. Your eyes happened to flicker over to Dash's desk, where you could see him watching you, and they quickly jumped back up to the board up ahead, your small, rough cheeks flushing nervously as your stomach fluttered. Then, you turned to the rest of the class.
     "Um, I'm -----," you managed to stammer out, eyes flickering from the floor to the faces of the other students as you nervously brushed your h/c strands from your face, managing a small smile. When this smile landed on Dash, you were pleased to see him nod at you as if to encourage you, a small smile of his own seeming to pop up, though there was a look in his eyes that almost looked the way you had felt to be staring at him just moments before, and you blushed, quickly ducking your head again. "Um...I-"
     "Speak up, speak up," the teacher said, prudish, and you looked to see him raising an eyebrow. "Tell us something about yourself."
     You turned back to the class, unsure of what to even say. Though, then, some random fact arose and you quickly said, "I love fast cars."
     There were murmurs, and the boys suddenly looked excited. "A girl that likes cars!" one of them exclaimed, causing a few envious glares from the girls, which made your eyes drop to the floor.
     "Now, now, be quiet," the teacher snapped. "-----, to your seat, please."
     Taking a deep breath, you did as you were told, glancing over at Dash, who was giving you the biggest grin you had ever seen. For almost the rest of the first half of class, you mirrored that same exact grin.

***

     During recess, you sat on the curb, watching as the kids around you ran across the grass as well as through the playground, some of them over playing tether ball. Although you wanted to approach them and play, you were new to the school and definitely more than just a little nervous about meeting new people. Though, despite this, you couldn't help in pursing your lips before offering shy smiles and waving at certain students, of which would offer a wave of their own when they noticed you before they continued on again.
     "Why are you sitting by yourself?" a familiar voice asked from beside you, making you jump, and you turned your head to see that Dash had somehow managed to sneak up and sit beside you while you hadn't been paying attention.
     You blinked at him rapidly before saying, "Because I like to be alone." Of course, this was a lie.
     "Uh huh, sure you do," Dash said, poking your arm as you bit your lip and stared at your feet, which quickly drew your e/c eyes back to his own large blue ones. "I'm Dash, by the way."
     "I know who you are, silly," you said to him, blushing as he beamed at you.
     "That's good," he said, "because I didn't want to be alone in remembering names."
     "You... You remember my name?" You ducked your head, blushing.
     "Of course I do, -----," he said, giggling. "You're too cute to forget."
     You blanched, though just as you looked over at him to say something, you froze, your eyes narrowed, mouth open. Then, you jumped as a hand came into your line of vision, Dash's adorable little face peering into yours.
     "Well, come on," he said as you gaped up at him. "Do you want to walk with me, or not?"
     Though you were shaking your head, your jaw still slack, you grabbed his hand and let him pull you up, wondering just how he had managed to move so fast as he did. "U-um..." Then, you remembered what he had said. "You think I'm cute...?"
     "Well, yeah," he said with a snort, rolling his eyes, which made you blush even more. How could he be so confident? When he caught you staring, he seemed to blush as well, rubbing the back of his neck. "I'm sorry..." Before you could respond, what with your raised brows that gave away something of an upset expression from his words, he quickly said, "Not for calling you cute! I'm just...not usually this brave." He gave you a boyish grin, still rubbing the back of his neck.
     You thought a moment about that before offering him your own smile. "Well...I think you're cute too."
     His eyes seemed to light up. "Really?"
     "Yes," You said shyly, clasping your hands together and staring at your toes.
     Before you knew it, he was hugging you, startling you into unlocking your hands. Though, after a moment of being in this embrace, you wrapped your arms around him and hugged him back.
     "-----, one day we're going to be in love," Dash said, seemingly out of nowhere, and you blinked before pulling back a little to look at him. When he saw your expression, he laughed. "I was told that's what people in love do; hug and-" He cut off, his lips landing for only a second on yours, just a quick peck, before he ducked away, turning around and racing across the courtyard, through the running kids as he called over his shoulder, "-kiss!"
     Your fingers were over your lips as you watched him with wide eyes. Then, after a minute, you giggled and ran after him.