nineteen

*a few days later*

*Y/n pov*

"Hey, y/n here and I'm just about to go get a coffee with this dork." I said to the camera in my hand before panning it over to Jack who was sitting in the car seat beside me. He grinned and gave a little wave.
"So I'll talk to you guys later!"
I put away my camera and started the car. I had invited Jack out for some coffee with me because we hadn't really talked since the night he apologised and I wanted to get our friendship back on track.
After a few minutes my phone vibrated, telling me I had received a text message.
"Will you check who it's from please." I asked Jack as I was driving. He picked up my phone.
"Luke?"
"I swear to god if he lost Belle again I'm going to fucking kill him," I said, laughing slightly. "Alright read it out."
Jack gulped.
"Hey y/n. Incase you're wondering Belle is fine."
I breathed a sight of relief and then chuckled.
"But there's something I wanted to tell you... I miss you. I miss what we had and what we were and I know I fucked up real bad but could you give me another chance. I love you y/n y/l/n and I don't wa-..."
"That's enough." I said sharply.
My head was spinning.
Jack stopped and put down my phone. An awkward silence filled the car for a good five minutes until Jack finally spoke.
"Y/n?"
"Ye..."
"Um.. What exactly happened between you and Luke...?"
I bit my lip.
"Sorry, I shouldn't of ask-"
"Jack. It's fine. I went on a night out with him and some friends but he said he felt ill so he went home early. 10 minutes later I decided I'd go home and check he was okay, and it turned out he was fucking my best friend." I paused. "Well ex- best friend..."
"Oh my god I'm sorry."
"It's fine. I guess it made me wiser..."
I glanced over at the blue eyed boy sitting beside me and muttered something under my breath.
"Or not..."

*Jack's pov*

"Where are you going?" Conor asked as I was walking out the front door.
"Y/n invited me out for a coffee."
"I thought-"
"We're friends."
"Good."
"Yep."
The atmosphere was unbelievably awkward as I stood in the doorway waiting for him to say something. Suddenly he cleared his throat.
"Jack. I'm sorry that I have to be the one to say this; but please don't try to get her back. She's happy with Joe now and you've already made things hard enough for her."
Fuck.
"I wasn't going to." I lied.
"Good."
"Yep."
"Have fun..."
"Bye."

And I walked out the door.

*at the coffee shop*

*Y/n pov*

After a few minutes of small talk our conversations became proper ones and I started to feel much more comfortable. It was like how it used to be.
"Hey y/n."
Jack said when we had finished laughing about the story he had just told.
"Ye?"
"Um. Well I've been invited to this premiere thing and... I'm supposed to bring a plus 1 and I was wondering if you'd like to come?"
Yes! I said to myself but I knew I shouldn't.
"Uh, that's really nice of you to offer..." I saw the smile ever so slightly fade from Jack's lips. "...But I'm with Joe now and I don't know if he'd like that. You know, after everything that's happened between us."
Jack nodded slightly.
"Of course. Sorry I asked."

When we finished our coffee we parted ways as I had to go home and Jack wanted to buy some stuff in town.
I arrived back to the flat and unlocked the door.
"Hey babe." I said, jumping on Joe's back.
He laughed and replied. "Y/n, your'e home!" He turned around and kissed my forehead.
"Jeez calm down you dork, I was only gone for like 2 hours!" I said pulling away from his kiss momentarily which made us both laugh.
"I know but I missed you."
We began kissing which turned into us making out until Caspar shouted "get a fucking room oh my god."

"I love you." He whispered, throwing a duvet over us and holding me to his chest.
"I love you too..."

*Joe's pov*

"Wake up beautiful." I said softly, nudging y/n who was asleep beside me. Her eyelids fluttered open. "Morning." She croaked sleepily.
I kissed her and then rolled out of bed, threw on some boxers and walked out the door.
When I got upstairs I tried to avoid eye contact with Caspar but he caught on to what I was doing.
"Had fun last night then?" He asked, smirking.
I glared at him and started making myself a cup of coffee.

*Y/n pov*

"Morniiiing Joe"
He grinned at me as I sat down beside him at the table.
"What are you smiling at you dork?" I asked.
"You. You're so adorable..." He trailed off and then added, "and I'm excited."
"For what?"
"I want to bring you on a date  tonight. A special one."
"Where?"
"It's a surprise."
"Alright." I laughed. "I can't wait babe."
Hopefully it would take my mind off the premiere I was supposed to be going to with Jack that was on tonight as well.

At half 5 I began getting ready. I did my makeup first, applying foundation, contour, eyeshadow, eyeliner, concealer, a nude lipstick and filling in my eyebrows.
I took my hair out of their plaits and left them in their natural waves. I opened my cupboard and pulled out the new dress I had bought. It was a long black dress with one strap and a rose decor around the waist. It was pretty fancy but Joe hadn't specified what clothes I should wear. Finally I grabbed my black heels and I was ready.

"You look gorgeous." Joe announced as I walked up the stairs.
"You always say that," I said laughing slightly.
"Because it's always true."
And he grabbed my hand and walked out to the taxi outside.

What do you think is going to happen on the date??? Will it be adorable or will something go wrong?
(Find out after the break)
Lol idek sorry.

Anyyyyway hope you enjoy this chapter and ill update soon! - Orla x