fourteen

*Y/n's pov*

When I woke up I could hear feint voices coming from upstairs. I listened closely and recognised the voices of Joe, Caspar, Conor, Oli and Josh.
I picked up my phone and unlocked it. It was blowing up with notifications.
I looked at my messages first.

8 new messages- Jack
'Y/n?'
'Please answer me'
'What did I do?'
'Y/n...'
'Babe pls answer'
'No one is talking to me'
'Whatever I did, I'm sorry...'
'I love you :('

I blinked, trying to keep the tears in, and pressed the back button.
The rest of the messages weren't important so I opened Twitter. My feed was exploding with mentions.
[ ] @jack_maynard23
@y/n im sorry... </3

There were hundreds of comments on his post so I briefly flicked through them. They were all just questions, asking what had happened, were we dating, and the various threat from an over enthusiastic fangirl.

I locked my phone and sighed. After a minute or two of just lying there, I decided to go upstairs. I pushed off the covers and climbed out of bed. I was wearing one of Joe's shirts so I pulled on a pair of shorts.
(wonder who changed her out of her dress ayyyy lmao soz ;) - Orla)
I opened the door and began walking up the stairs.
When I got to the top, I paused for a minute. I opened the camera on my phone and looked at myself: My face was red but my eyes had calmed down and the fact I had been crying wasn't as obvious.
"Hey Joe..." I said, walking towards the sofa where everyone was sitting.
Joe span around; "y/n! About time you got up." His voice sounded cheerful but he had a concerned expression on his face. I forced a reassuring smile at him.
I then looked at the others. The atmosphere was indescribably awkward and uncomfortable.
"Are you okay?" Conor said, breaking the silence.
"Ye, I'm fine," I replied quickly.
Suddenly the doorbell rang and I looked back at Joe. He shrugged.
Caspar got off the sofa and walked towards the door. He looked through the peephole and then continued to open the door a fraction.

"You shouldn't of come."

*Jack's pov*

"You shouldn't of come."
Caspar's voice was harsh.
"I just want to see her," I whispered.
He stared at me until a voice echoed through the flat and he turned around to face it.
"Who is it Caspar?"
"Jack..." He replied with a flat tone.
The owner of the voice walked over to the door.
"Hey Joe." I gulped.
"I warned you."
"I just want to talk to her..."
"You're not welcome here."
"Please Joe." My voice cracked. "I need to see her. She won't talk to me and I miss her like crazy."
My heart was breaking and I was falling and there was nothing I could do about it.
"At least tell me what I did..."
Joe looked at me and sighed. He moved out of the way of the door indicating for me to go in.
His voice changed from angry to upset and vulnerable.
"Please don't hurt her any more..."

Hi guys, sorry this chapter is so short but I realised we had got to over 6k which is amazing so I thought I should update. Thanks a million, Ily all, and I'll have a longer update soon <3 - Orla xx