eleven

*Y/n pov*

My phone vibrated on my pillow beside me, waking me up. I rubbed my eyes and picked it up.
I pressed the home button and the screen lit up, showing an array of notifications. I typed in my password and began checking everything.
I had stayed up until 5am or something last night with Jack, and then Joe and then just by myself editing so it was already 3pm.

I picked up my laptop and turned it on. I opened my editing program and by 3:50 my video was ready to upload. (Ik this isn't accurate about uploading times and stuff sorry) Knowing Jack had finished editing last night, I texted him and asked if he would be ready to upload our videos together at 4. A few minutes later he said yes and I began uploading it. I watched as the figures rose ... 67%... 68%...
I looked down at my phone to check a dm from viewer and then looked back up.
99%...100% complete.
I went onto snapchat and sent a video on my story, telling people there was a new video on my channel.
A notification popped up on my screen telling me I had been tagged in a tweet. I opened it and saw it was one of Jack's.

[ ] @jack_maynard23

New video up on my channel with @y/n where we take off our clothes😉 Link: ________

I rolled my eyes and and looked back at my laptop. I started flicking through the various comments on my video. (From now on Xack is the ship name for y/n and Jack and Xoe is the ship name for y/n and Joe)
'I ship it'
'LOOK AT THE WAY HE LOOKS AT HER ON THE YOUTUBE CRUSH QUESTION'
'This is so funny, I'm legit crying'
'Now I'm going to have to pick between Xoe and Xack omg'

As I was scrolling I noticed a reply to the last comment.
Jack Maynard - Xack all the way!

I was laughing at this, when Joe suddenly walked in.
"Hey sleepy head!"
"Morning Joe," I said, smiling.
"I wouldn't call 4 in the afternoon the morning y/n!" He laughed, jumping onto the bed beside me.
"Why didn't you wake me up!"
"You just looked so peaceful, I couldn't wake you... And anyway, you're going to need all your energy for tonight." He grinned.
I looked at him confused and said, "what's happening tonight?"
"Well Conor's hosting a house party thing and I was wondering if you'd like to come with me?"
"That'd be cool," I replied, "what time are you leaving at?"
"Around 8."
"Ok awesome, I take it we're taking a taxi..."
"Well considering how out of control you are," he said winking, " I'd say we better."
We both laughed and then he walked out grinning at me.
As I was rechecking the time I saw I had a text message.
1 new message - Jack
'A lot of people seem to think we'd be cute together' - Jack x
'And...?' I typed and then hit send.
He replied a minute later.
'Well you know they say the people are always right'
I giggled and replied with a 'nice try Maynard' and then locked my phone.
It was only 4 pm so I had enough time to get ready whilst still leaving time to kill. I decided to start getting ready first so I wouldn't end up in a rush later.
I took the dress that I had bought in town yesterday out from the cupboard and lay it down on the bed. It was a white, midi body-con dress with a gold, belt thing around it. It was a bit revealing, I guess, but it was gorgeous.
I pulled on the dress and stood in front of the mirror. I smiled at my reflection and picked up my curling wand. I brushed out my hair and then crimped it, letting it lay over my shoulders. I did my usual makeup - foundation, contour etc but I decided to mix a few things up. Instead of using my nude eyeshadow palette, I used my more colourful one from sleek. I used the dark red/wine colour on the outside of my lids, and used the rose gold on the inside. Finally I used the metallic pink underneath my eye. I finished the look with some setting spray and a natural pinky red lipstick.
"Damn y/n," Joe said grinning, when I walked upstairs to get a drink.
"Not too bad yourself Sugg," I winked walking over to the sink. "Planning on meeting anyone there?"
"Oh you know me, drowning in women.." He paused and then said laughing; "No, not unless you've gone and set me up with someone again, I don't think so."
"Hey!" I said nudging him. "They were all super nice...! And I was just trying to help, you haven't dated anyone for like, 3 years."
"I think 3 is a bit of an exaggeration... And I've been concentrating on YouTube anyway!" He replied, defending himself.
"Sure Joe, sure..."
We both laughed.
"I'd ask the same for you, but you and Jack seem to be pretty friendly with eachother," he teased.
I rolled my eyes, making sure to do it really animated so he'd see.
"What! It's true, you've seen each other like every day since you met..."
"We're just friends," I said interrupting him.
"Sure," he whispered, smirking.
I glared at him, picked up my coffee and walked down the stairs.

*Joe's pov*

Y/n was in the kitchen in her dress, ready for the night ahead. She looked amazing and I started to feel a pang of jealousy that everyone else at the party would see her too but I shook it off.
"Oh you know me, drowning in women," I replied to her last question sarcastically. She furrowed her eyebrows and I said laughing; "no, not unless you've gone and set me up with someone again, I don't think so."
It was true, she had set me up with loads of people before, when we had first met; her friends and such, and they were lovely and everything but I just never really loved them. And I didn't want them to feel like I was using them so I broke it up pretty quickly.
After a while y/n realised it wasn't working and kind of just gave up...

Suddenly she woke me from my trance  by nudging my shoulder and saying "hey! They were all super nice...! And I was just trying to help, you haven't dated anyone in like, 3 years."
"I think 3 is a bit of an exaggeration..." I replied.
It wasn't.
"And I've been concentrating on YouTube anyway."
The same excuse I'd used so many times before rolled of my tongue without me even thinking about it.
The real reason for it, of course, was because I was in love with someone I could never have. Someone who didn't love me. Someone who saw me as their 'brother from another mother' and nothing more.
Someone who broke my heart everyday without even knowing it.

Y/n.

THE STORY HAS 4K READS OMG TYSM - Orla xx