three

*y/n's pov*

i couldn't believe joe. how could he have not told me earlier? i put my hands in my pockets awkwardly and followed joe into the main room in their apartment. in the centre there was a sofa and an armchair. sitting on the sofa was oli: a friend of mine, and four guys I hadn't met before. caspar was lying across the armchair talking to his friends.
"hey guys," joe said, addressing the group. "this is my friend, y/n."
everyone stopped their conversation and turned to look at me.
there was an awkward silence until a guy with dyed blonde hair and a nose piercing grinned and said "hey y/n."
damn. he was cute.
i shook the thought off and replied with a quiet hi.
"that's jack," joe said, pointing to the guy who had just spoken.
"conor," announced a guy with brown hair, who was sitting beside jack.
"they're brothers," oli explained.
i just nodded.
"the guy beside oli is josh," continued joe, looking at a tall guy with ginger hair who glanced up from his phone and smiled at me.
"and finally that's michael or mikey,"
"but my friends call me LP," said the last person and everyone started laughing.
"jack, conor, josh and mikey," i muttered under my breath. "got it."

*jack's pov*

"hey guys."
it Joe's voice.
"thua is my friend y/n"

i looked up. there, standing beside joe, was the prettiest girl i'd ever seen. her eyes were a light blue and her hair was long, brown and wavy, with streaks of blonde running through the ends. she had her hands in her pockets and looked kind of nervous.
i snapped out of my trance to realise that no one was saying anything.
i took a deep breath and said "hey y/n"
she looked at me, blushed slightly, looked back down at her shoes and whispered a hi.
damn. she was cute.

*joe's pov*

i finished introducing my friends and looked over at y/n.
"jack, conor, josh and mikey," she muttered. "got it."
i looked over at her and smiled. she smiled back and then scanned the group once more. she locked eyes with jack and smiled gently before awkwardly looking back at me and asking what we'd be eating tonight.
"i don't know... um hey y/n, do you want to go put your stuff in the spare room," i replied.
"ye, sure," she said walking towards the stairs, suitcase in hand.

when i heard the door of the spare room shut i looked over at my friends.
"you've got a pretty one there joe," laughed jack, smirking.
i felt my face turning red.
"she's not... i'm not... we're not..."
i couldn't even speak properly. shit.
they all started laughing.
"it's okay joe, we know what you mean," said conor and he winked.
i know they were just harmless jokes, but honestly, it felt like they were rubbing in the fact that she didn't like me.

just as i was about to try to protest again i heard y/n coming back up the stairs.

"nandos?" i asked, addressing everyone in the room, including her. they all nodded in agreement so i grabbed my phone, asked what they wanted and rang nandos.
i started walking towards the kitchen so i could actually hear the lady on the phone when y/n gave me a 'don't leave me here on my own' look. i shrugged, laughing, and mouthed the word socialise.

*y/n's pov*

i looked at joe walking towards the kitchen and glared at him, begginh for him to come back. he laughed, mouthed something at me and continued to walk away.
well shit.
this was going to be awkward.

i looked at the room once again and saw there were no free seats. i perched myself on the armrest of the sofa beside jack and silently hoped he wouldn't mind.
i tapped away at my phone, avoiding eye contact with anyone until someone said my name and i looked up.
it was jack.