four

*jack's pov*

y/n was sitting on the armrest beside me. i desperately wanted to talk to her but i was too nervous. i watched her opening some snapchats when i decided to say something. i mustered up all the courage i had and said her name, nudging her gently. she looked up from her phone expectantly. i took a breath, smiled, and started asking her about herself. i know i didn't come across that nervous or shy, but i still felt butterflies in my stomach, and that just wasn't something i was used to.

*y/n's pov*

now i was sitting right beside him i realised just how good looking jack really was.
his eyes were like mine, but darker, and when he laughed they lit up.
i sighed. i've learned from experience that it will hurt a lot less if you just never fall in love. that's probably why i haven't tried to commit to anything serious for a while. ever since luke i just kind of stuck to one night stands, when your heart's not on the line.
"y/n?"
i blinked and woke from my trance.
"sorry, what was that?" i asked, looking at him apologetically.
"how old are you?"
"20," i replied simply."you?"
"21."
he opened his mouth to say something when conor turned to wink at him.
i started blushing and looked away, when joe walked back in.
"it'll be here soon," he announced.
"good, i'm starving," caspar said looking at him and we all rolled our eyes. caspar was always hungry.

"oh my god, i haven't vlogged in ages, i'll get my camera!" joe exclaimed suddenly.
"daily vlogger," i whispered, which made everyone laugh; except joe, who replied grumpily, "i'm not a daily vlogger."
after a few minutes i was much less shy and i began to realise that maybe this wouldn't be so bad after all.

*jack's pov*

y/n was still sitting beside me on the armrest but it was obvious she was more settled now, and she wasn't the only one.
i swallowed the butterflies and began acting like more like myself.
"so, where are you from y/n?" i asked.
she looked at me and replied, "oxford, but i'm living just outside london now."
"by yourself?" i questioned.
"all by myself, but i manage," she replied, laughing.

by now joe had come back up with his camera in hand and was about to begin vlogging.
"hey guys, joe here and i'm back vlogging! at the moment i'm at home with this lot."
he panned over to us and we all waved.
"we just ordered a cheeky nandos, which will be here soon."
just then, as if on cue, the bell rang and i stood up to answer it.
i walked over to the door and opened it. joe walked up behind me and handed the money to the delivery man whilst i took all the food.
i carried it over to the kitchen counter and everyone walked over to get their share. i picked up my food and sat down on the sofa beside y/n who had already grabbed her food from the pile.
"movie?" she asked, looking around at us.
we all nodded and after about 10 minutes of arguing we finally decided on saw, due to y/n's pervasive skills.
i didn't particularly like horror movies, but she seemed to love them so I reluctantly agreed.

*y/n's pov*

i had my food on my knee and was just about to begin eating when jack sat beside me. suddenly i had an idea.
"movie?" i asked everyone.
they all agreed and after a while we finally decided on saw. i was delighted as i loved any type of horror movie and this was one of my favourites. joe turned out the lights, caspar turned on the movie and we all sat down. despite the fact it was a bit of a squash, we were all comfortable.
jack leant against me and put his head on my shoulder. i looked down at him only to see he was already looking up at me, smiling. i turned away.
why was i so god damn awkward?

after about 15 minutes of the movie, there was a huge jump-scare.
i didn't jump, not only because i'd seen the movie before but because i just didn't really get scared watching movies. but the others did which i found hilarious. they all jumped up and jack screamed.
unknown to them, i videoed this on snapchat. i couldn't stop laughing.
jack clutched his chest dramatically and said, "jesus christ, that was terrifying."
then he looked up at me. "how are you not, like, dying right now?" he asked, panting.
"it was predictable," i explained, still laughing.
"only because you've seen it before!" added joe.
"so have you and you still jumped like 5 foot!" i replied, grinning, before turning to face jack.
"scream like a girl, you know."
he blushed and tried to defend himself; "i did it for effect," he muttered and we all burst out laughing.
"looked pretty real to me..." i said, grinning smugly, turning around my phone and showing the video to everyone.
"oh my god, y/n no!" jack said, sounding annoyed, but he was laughing like crazy.
i made a big deal of sending it to my story and then locked my phone and smirked.
eventually everyone had settled down and we went back to watching the movie.
and jack kept his head on my shoulder the whole time.