cHapTER 5

"Mummy? Where are we going?" A voice squeaked from the backseat of the car, her small hands gripping onto the seat belt with white knuckles

"Mummy? Where are we going?" A voice squeaked from the backseat of the car, her small hands gripping onto the seat belt with white knuckles. Her eyes squeezed shut as the car swerved around another corner, attempting to escape the three cars that were chasing them.

The woman's eyes diverted from the road to the view finder, to see her daughter trembling in the back seat. She frowned, the guilt of her choices weighing down on her shoulders. Her children were the only thing that were keeping her sane in the crazy world they lived in, and now knowing she had brought them into what she was protecting them from. Felt like a thousand knives to the stomach and a bullet to the head.

"Mummy can't explain now sweetie, but you have to be a good girl for me. Can you do that?" Hearing the wavering worry that was laced into her mother's words, she nodded and looked out of the window at the tall buildings that were passing by in a blink. All of her surroundings were unfamiliar: the buildings, the people and even her mother. Her mother was always strong and showed no fear in the face of danger, even when it was breathing down her neck. She did this to show her daughter women were just as strong as men, even though they were put down.

The car jolted forward, sending the family inside flying into their seat belts - which cut into their shoulders. Tears pricked the six year old eyes, as she chocked on the air around her. Even though they were moving quickly, everything around her seemed to slow down. The cars outside the window passed by, and she could see the faces of the people. The young girls mother snapped her out of her daze, and reached over to quickly unclip her seat belt. Pulling her through the drivers side door of the cat not soon after.

"What's wrong? Mummy?" The girl cried as her mother pulled her along the parking lot of an abandoned building, her small legs moving faster than they ever had before. They reached the doors and threw them open, rushing inside of the large warehouse.

"Okay, sweetie you need to listen to mummy now. Can you do that for me?" The brunette crouched in front of her hysterical daughter, stroking her head and smiling. The smile never reached her eyes, which still held terror and pain, but it worked to soothe the little girls cries.

"Mummy is in a little bit of trouble at the moment, and she has to hide from some very bad people. So, I'm going to send you to a big city with auntie Paige and--"

"No mummy--"

"-- You are going to call and draw pictures for me. So I love you and I'll see you soon." By now both family members had tears streaming down their faces, as the daughter jumped into her mother's arms. Burying her face into her neck, and squeezing her eyes shut.

Hands wrapped around her small waist and lifted her from her mother's reach; her pleas and screams echoing around the empty walls. The person stood tall and walked towards the plane which was parked in the middle on the room, unfazed by her kicks and punches.

"Mummy!" She screamed one last time as the doors of the plane opened up. Her mother on her knees as she had tears down her face.

"Lucy! I love you!"

That was the last time she saw her mother.

"Hey, Davis! You okay?" Flagg asked, from his seat beside the inmate. Her knuckles were white from gripping onto her seat and her eyes blinking rapidly. They had only gotten onto the plane, which they were flying to Belle Reves in. When the red head began to freak out and completely shut down in front of them. So Flagg sat her next to himself, to keep an extra eye on her.

Lucy shook out of her faze and watched as the rest of the group stared at her, with either a worried face; or a smirk (obviously from Harley). They had only just met, but they all had a bond because of their reputations and past of being locked up. Her piercing blue eyes swept across them, suddenly realising her slip up. Before awkwardly coughing and stitting up straight, playing of her freight.

"Pardon?- I was just planning a route of escape from the hell hole, but - oh wait. I actually want to keep my head. For future purposes." She snapped back, her normal personality shining back through. Lucy turned to smirk at Rick, her eyes still dull but her face cocky. He opened his mouth, ready to tell her that she should keep her mouth shut. But a woman jumped onto the plane and held all of their stares. She began to speak, but Lucy wasn't listening as she looked the the man who sat across from her.

'you okay?' Floyd mouthed, with his eyebrows furrowed. Obviously not impressed by the speech Rick was giving the squad. Lucy winked over at the man, not letting her confident persona fall down again. The strange woman still stood at the front of the plane as it lifted from the ground.

Harley shot out her hand, and smiled widely. "Harley Quinn, nice to meet 'cha. Love your perfume, what is it? The stench of death."

"I hope you wouldn't mind sharing it with us girls, would you?" Lucy purred, hand twisting through her hair. The woman put her hand on the sword on her hip, mumbling out words Lucy couldn't understand. And due to her bad mood, she snapped and turned to Flagg with a stare that could kill.

"Tell your friend here to sit her ass down, before I send her back to where she came from."

Rick looked at the red haired woman with a look of shock and slight anger, before nodding his head unwillingly. And repeating the same words she had told him to without his own free will.

He snapped from his faze and gripped the crazy woman's arm, bringing his mouth to her ear.

"How did you do that?"

"It's just one of my many tricks. If you stop being so annoying, I could show you some more."

With that, the soldier was officially at a loss for words. And the others were snickering like school girls.

guys i'm back!

and i have finally updated!!! and because i am so sorry, i am updating early!! whoop whoop

thank you!! thank you for all the support so far :)

for more amazing adventures
              - star-laur