chApteR 1

6 years later

6 years later

Arkham Asylum

A 'home' for the mentally disturbed and dangerous, not suited for living on the outside world. It had been shut down for a while, but the governent need a place to put the mentally disturbed (before Bell Reeves). A place where people fear to be referred to, just from the ghastly stories that are told about it.

But to the red head in cell 235, this felt actually like a home. She had spent so many days memorising her surroundings, from the large chip in the mirror to the burnt hand prints on the iron bars. Now it all felt so familiar, almost as if she had been here all of her life. Like she belonged here; to be trapped up and be isolated (for probably all of her life). Her everyday routine was simple, but it had a slight bit of interaction with people. So she enjoyed that part. Not once had the woman thought of attempting to escape; for some reason she couldn't bring herself to do it.

A loud clang of metal, interrupted her from her thoughts. Looking over to the front of her cell - she saw 2 armed guards watching her. One of them holding her meal for the day: a stale piece of bread, grey slop and a glass of water. Rolling her eyes, she pushed herself up off of her bed and strolled over towards the metal bars. Her hands wrapping around the iron bars, pulling herself even closer to the guards.

"Good morning boys, care to join me for my meal today?" Her normally harsh British accent, suddenly turned sad and almost weak. "It gets pretty lonely in here."

"Sorry, Davis. Today it's just you and your psycho little head." One of the guards chuckled, proud of himself for the comment. He nudged his friend who was holding her tray of food, spilling water onto the floor. She raised an eyebrow, looking as they both chuckled.

"Are you quite done laughing at your stupid little joke?" With that comment, the guard without the tray reached through the bars and grabbed her face. Bringing it into the bars and making sure her face would have a large cut across it. He narrowed his eyes, with an evil glare, and brought his face to hers.

"Listen to me now, Lucy Davis. Make another remark like that, it won't just be a little scratch on your face. So don't--" His comment was stopped when his friend nudge his arm, and pointed his head in the direction of where more guards were walking down. He quickly let go of her face and stood acting as if that didn't just happen.

Lucy fell to the floor and touched her face, bringing her fingers back and smiling when she saw the blood staining them. She looked at the guards and waved, almost tauntingly. They both straightened up and held their guns, before walking past her cell and out of view.

Her blue eyes fell shut, and she laid back onto the floor. Suddenly a wave of anger washed over her, and she stood up. Pacing along her small cell, she looked as her hands began to shake. Pure anger was coursing through her veins, as she stormed over to the sink and looked at her self in the mirror.

"Who wouldn't I kill to get some red lipstick in this place?"

"I would hope that you wouldn't." A woman's voice spoke up, startling the red head as she turned in the direction of where it was coming from. There stood a woman with dark skin, looking straight at Lucy with a stare she couldn't understand. Behind her stood 3 guards she hadn't ever seen before, holding onto their guns ready to put her down if needed. Lucy cocked her head to the side and walked towards the woman with a curious stare. When she reached the bar, she put her hand through the iron bars. The guards raised their guns, sensing she was bound to attack.

"Lucy Davis, my friends call me London. But I think you already know that." She smiled, waiting for her to shake her hand. The woman before her raised her eyebrows, before shaking her head and taking a step back.

"I didn't come here to socialize, I can her to offer you a job." The woman spoke, nodding her head at the guard. Who then stepped forward and unlocked the cell. "My name is Amanda Waller, I work for the government and you now work for me."

Lucy nodded her head, and pushed open the door. Giggling when she heard the creek of the metal and the grinding of the hinges - a sound she had only heard when she was thrown in to the cell. Her foot made contact with the cold hard floor, and a shiver went down her spine. She stepped onto the ground, and trotted around. Not letting her feet properly touch the concrete. The young woman smiled at all of the guards, before it clicked.

She was free.

"Shouldn't you be worried that you've just let a murderer out of her cage?" Lucy smirked, titling her head. She should have been feared, she killed people. But Amanda wasn't even showing any signs of emotion (except from annoyance) towards her.

"I'm not afraid of people like you, you're just like us - but crazier." Amanda stated, walking towards the criminal with her hands behind her back. "As I was saying, I want you to take down a huge criminal."

Lucy looked up as raised an eyebrow, totally confused. "Wait? You want me, a criminal, to take down another criminal? Alone?"

Amanda nodded her head, glad she was beginning to understand the plan. She heard that 'London' was quite a bit tapped in the head.

"And I thought I was crazy." Lucy laughed, clutching her stomach from laughing to much. She had never heard such a crazy thing, during her time in an asylum.

"But you won't be alone, we have put together a group of people like you. To take this criminal down, all we need is your complete compliance." Amanda told her, leaving out the part that Lucy had to do it. She brushed down her blazer and looked into the young woman's bright blue eyes.

"So I'll be working with others?" Lucy asked, actually swaying towards agreeing with Amanda. She hadn't had much contact with people since she was thrown into the asylum, other than the guards who served her food.

"Yes, if you're worried that you'll be the only woman. You won't, we have two others." The woman assured the red head, trying to make her slightly comfortable within the task.

"No, that's not it. May I ask who are we taking down?" Lucy asked, walking closer towards the powerful looking woman. She was too curious to ask anything else.

"I shouldn't really be telling you this, but- you'll be taking down a witch. Who has the power to destroy a city, maybe even a country. And she's taking any one who stands against her down in her way - and with your brother back in the country, and continuing his past tendencies. You may want to stop her." Lucy drew in a gasp, eyes widening. She took a step back trying to get her head wrapped around the information she was just given. She smirked, looking up at the woman. Before holding her hand out, and stepping forward. She had made her decision.

"I'm in."

i hope this is a good first chapter, it took me a while but i just wanted it to be good enough

why was lucy so affected by her brother's past?

thanks for reading, please vote and comment (i'm open for criticism)

for more amazing adventures
            - star-laur