ProloGue

Sirens

Sirens. How Lucy Davis loved the sound of police sirens. Especially when they were playing just for her.

She loves the way they go over and over, and seem like they'll never stop. It reminded her of the times her mother used to take her to the fair that was down the road from her childhood home, in London. It had an old merry-go-round (from what her mother used to call it), which had the most melodic tune; making the 8 year old squeal in excitement whenever she heard it. Almost like how police sirens made her feel now. As they grew slightly louder, she threw her head back letting her royal red hair fall down her back. She breathed in and looked straight ahead, and smirked before she turned around.

There at the end of the alleyway was a young man, looking about 16, tied up to a pole with a gag pushed into his mouth. His once white shirt now was red, almost matching Lucy's hair, and torn. She had just had a little 'fun' with him, and created her masterpiece. One that she did every time something happened and she wanted to relieve her stress.

The boys head shot up, when her heard her heels click along the pavement slowly getting closer to him. Lucy watched as her tried to wiggle his way out of the ropes he was bound in, wincing when they grazed one of of his (many) wounds. When she was right in front of him, she crouched; head tilting to the side as her piercing blue eyes swiped across his whole body.

"Ah, so young and so naïve. Thinking that women are just toys you can play with, and then throw away when you're done. Did you not hear her telling you to stop? Or did you chose not to? But because you didn't, you really did me a favour. What I'm really trying to say is thank you for helping me create this," she waved her arm in the direction of the wall to her left," urm, I'm afraid I don't know your name. What is it again?" She asked, he quickly began to attempt to shout out for help. Miserably failing due to the gag fixed into his mouth, but he had a good try.

"I'm sorry, I don't understand you." She cupped her ear, sarcastically pulling her red lips into a frown; almost child like. Her laugh then echoed down the alleyway, before quickly stopping as she grabbed his slim face. Lucy watched as his brown eyes looked into her own with so much fear, it sent a shiver down her spine.

"Such a shame," she tutted, standing and walking a couple of steps backwards with a sadistic smile," you had such a pretty face."

She then pulled out her gun and aimed it at his shaking head. She lifted her hand and sent him a little wave, before pulling the trigger. His body went limp, and his head fell to the side. Lucy breathed in, and closed her eyes as she heard cars pull outside and sirens blaring away. She spun on her heel and smiled, placing a hand onto her jutted out hip.

"Hey boys, miss me?" She purred, her thick British accent showing more than ever. The officers pulled out their guns, and aimed them all at her.

"Put the gun down now!" She did as she was told.
"Kick it over!" She kicked the gun over to the 7 officers, and pouted because what was her favorite one; she had even carved a design into it.
"Now get on your knees, with your hands on your head!" She slowly lowered herself onto her knees and rested her hands on her Crimson locks.

"Shouldn't you at least take me on a meal first, before commanding me around? Not that I'm against that stuff." She taunted as two of the bigger built officers marched over and pulled her arms down, trapping her wrists in the handcuffs. Tightening them more that usual. Lucy looked up and bit her lip before speaking.

"Ooh, a little feisty. I like it."

And with that, she was pulled harshly along by the men. Winking at officers along the way, them then tightening their grips on their guns. She opened her mouth to speak, but before they heard her British accent, she was pushed into the back of the police car. The door slammed on her face, but she seemed unfazed as she looked out of the window. Behind their body's at the brick wall, smiling before humming the British national anthem.

The officer outside, tapped the top of the car twice before it pulled off. Leaving the sound of the engine and the crazed woman's humming, filling the eerie silence. He sighed and turned, wiping a hand along his face. Looking at the lifeless body at the end of the alleyway, made his stomach slightly churn.

"Officer Parish, you should really she this sir." Parish nodded, and followed the young officer down the narrow road. Where there was puddles of blood along the gravel, making him think the young boy was dragged. The officer before him stopped and pointed to the brick wall with his torch. Parish brought his eyes up, before drawing in a sharp breath.

There on the wall was the British flag, with the red slowly seeping through the white and blue spray painted across the flag. The words stood out with its vibrancy, reading:

"LONDON IS CALLING. And she wants you"

"Sir, I'm afraid it gets worse. The red substance on the wall that we initially thought was paint, was founded to be b-blood. Most likely the victims." Officer Parish thanked the young officer, before taking one last glance at the wall. He raised his walkie talkie up to his mouth, and pressed the button. Then speaking words he hadn't said in a while.

"Send this one to Arkham."

that's the prologue finished!

i just wanted to point out i have used some childish words, not because i'm that stupid, it is because i am using the words to show Lucy's personality and what goes on in her mind

please tell me what you think, i really want to make this book the best it can be.

for more amazing adventures
                - star-laur