Thirster 2467: 3.

Start from the beginning

She makes her way to her favorite cafe, sitting down at the counter. Marilyn sighs, taking off her jacket and placing it over her chair.

"Good afternoon, may I help you?" The waitress over the counter asks and Marilyn gestures towards the menu on the wall.

"Fredo-cappuccino. Sweetened please." The waitress makes her way to the kitchen while Marilyn rubs her face with her hands.

She has never been so stressed about Area 75 and she hasn't even started a full day of her new assigned job.

Thirster 2467 runs his tongue over his raw gums, feeling the part where his fangs were suppose to be empty. It's just smooth raw open wound bloody gums. His gaze is at the humans wishing he can rip every one of them open.

For some reason he wonders why they even took him. Yes he's a vampire but he didn't attack any of them. He was just in Central Park.

He leans back in the chair, stretching out his loose muscles. Thirster 2467 is so weak and drained out, he'd rather die than feel the burning sensation in his veins.

His hunger is flooding and the only thing he can think of is blood. The only time he got blood -animal blood- was when he first got here. Other times were nothing and his throat is so tight. His hands were shaking and his thoughts were running all over the place. He seems so crazy now.

"Thirster 2467, if you do not communicate with us we will hurt you."

Well either way I'd still get punished, he thought. So the only thing he did was stare at them with a blank face. There was nothing he can do besides stare at their delicate necks where it's the quickest and warmest blood to get. His mouth waters thinking about it and he quickly looks away.

"No?" Dr. Sammis adds and the vampire shakes his head. "Very well." Thirster 2467 hears soldiers arm their guns to shoot him but before they can, someone comes running in the room.

"Marilyn! Is she here?" Lee says and the vampire looks around the room. That young human is nowhere to be seen.

"She isn't here." Dr. Sammis responds, rolling his eyes after. No child like her is going to get into his job and stop him.

"But I looked for her everywhere in Area 75 and I don't know where she is." Thirster 2467 brings his gaze to her and a smirk runs along his lips. Oh look at Marilyn freaking everyone out because she is missing.

"Did you call her?"

"Yes but she won't pick it."

"Well, what do you want me to do?" He sounds annoyed and Lee furrows her eyebrows.

"Nothing I am just wondering where she is."

"Then do it the hard way and you know what I'm talking about. Tell the soldiers to get her." Lee looks down at her phone and flips it around and stares at the back. She storms out of the room and the vampire watches her run out. Dr. Sammis mumbles under his breath then stares at the soldiers who are on the other side of the box. Their guns are pointed through the holes and pointing right at Thirster 2467.

"Fire." He says and before Thirster 2467 can dodge the bullets, they hit him right in the back. He lets out a painful shout before collapsing onto the ground.

Marilyn finishes her coffee and puts her phone on silent so the vibration won't go off again from Lee. Lee must have called four times but Marilyn didn't want to talk to her. She got nothing to say and does not want to go home.

She stares at the glass cup until the waitress takes it away. Marilyn left a five dollar bill on the counter too and the waitress gives her the change back.

"You seem upset." The waitress starts and Marilyn sighs. "I feel like drowning yourself in alcohol at the bar next door would be your type of thing... but coffee still works."

"Yeah I'm too sick of drinking now. Don't want my liver to fail." The waitress snorts at her comment and leans on the counter.

"What's wrong?"

"Work." Marilyn responds back and the waitress smiles.

"Well nothing is worst than my job."

"Oh no I think mine is much more difficult." The waitress tilts her head to the side.

"Really? What do you do?" Marilyn shrugs.

"Can't tell, something with the government though." She grins at the waitress when she nods her head.

"Interesting, I wish I knew."

"Sorry, I would love to tell but it's suppose to not be documented for the world."

"Interesting." Marilyn brings her gave to her phone that's next to her. The screen brightened and it was Lee calling again. "I'll leave you alone." The waitress adds before walking away. Marilyn sighs in defeat and picks up the phone, pressing it against her ear.

"What."

"Where are you!"

"I'm out... in the city." Marilyn traces her finger over the line of water on the counter.

"Are you crazy! You know you have to tell me where you go." Lee sounds worried. Marilyn brings her gaze out the large windows and the sun is setting. She looks around the coffee shop and there's a couple of people still inside doing their own things.

"I'm an independent woman, I can go where ever I want without permission."

"Oh Marilyn don't be a smart-ass now."

"I'm being serious."

"You better be home soon or else."

"Or what? You're going to put me as bait to the vampires?" She whispers in the phone because she doesn't want anyone to hear. Lee gasps through the line and laughs sarcastically.

"You better be alone where you are at the coffee shop because you don't want anyone to listen." Marilyn furrows her eyebrows.

"Wait, how do you know I'm at the coffee shop?" She looks around the coffee shop and people give her some glances because she seems so worried.

"Don't forget the government gave you that phone. We have a location tracker on you." Lee hangs up and Marilyn curses under her breath. She flips the phone around and takes the back off. She looks around where the battery is and sees in the small corner that there's a mini blinking red light.

She groans while clipping the back on her phone. Suddenly the waitress curses and Marilyn looks up at her. Her eyes are wide and points at the windows and the door between them. Marilyn turns her head and sees armed military men walking inside the coffee shop.

She knows they are from Area 75 and are looking for her. Everyone inside the shop grow quiet while one of the men walk up to Marilyn with a big smile on his face.

"Time to come home Marilyn." He says and Marilyn slides off the stool she's sitting on. She grabs the change on the counter and slips it in her coat pocket. Everyone with wide eyes watch her walk out with all the armed men around her.

They put her in the back of the large camouflage truck and they all hop on also, making their way back to Area 75.

~~~~~

Hey guys! Sorry for the late update!

vote

comment

follow me :)