27 | hey, everybody

LAST CHAPTER HOLY SHIT

DEDICATED WITH LOVE TO MY SQUAD [you know who you are😘]

2 7

hey, everybody

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"So what happened?" Steve burst into the room the second after Cara hung up the phone. She'd talked to her cousin, and she couldn't believe it.

He and her Aunt May were both coming to visit! They were coming to New York City, and she couldn't wait. After talking for about fifteen minutes, they'd decided that the following weekend would be when they'd make their big entrance and introduce themselves to the rest of Cara's friends.

"Um, they're coming over," she said, and registered the shocked look on his face.

"Who's they're?" Steve asked, shoving his hands into his pockets nervously.

"Oh, it's my aunt and my cousin, they're both gonna come this weekend." She smiled at the thought of seeing her family. "It's Thursday today, that means we only have..." she counted on her fingers and then sprung up into the air. "Two days to prepare! We have to get this place cleaned up, you guys are terrible at neatness," she was waving her hands around wildly, acting like Monica Geller from Friends.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," Tony rushed into the living room, obviously having heard their conversation. "It isn't even that dirty."

"Really?" Cara asked, narrowing her eyebrows. "Really?" She pointed in the direction of the kitchen. "You do know you own a dishwasher, right?"

Tony nodded, "yeah, of course we do."

"The why don't you ever use it, huh?" She gave him a sickly sweet smile, panic seeping into her veins faster than she'd thought was possible. "And come on, leaving your clothes all over the place isn't exactly the best way to welcome guests."

"Cara, sweetie, calm down," Steve coaxed, grabbing her hand and pulling her close. "It's like you said. We have two days, now two hours. We'll be fine. And besides, you don't have to worry. Everyone's going to help get this place ready for your relatives."

Cara sighed. "I know, it's just...they're the only family I have left, and I'm finally going to meet them. It's gonna be the most exciting thing to happen in my life, but...what if they end up not liking me afterwards?"

Her waist was enveloped in Steve's arms, and ignored the fact that Tony was still in the room. It was just the two of them as he said with a confused grin, "you've already talked to both of them, though. How could they not like you?"

"I don't know, it's different meeting a person on the phone compared to then seeing them in person for the first time, actually getting to see what they're like in real life. I don't know if I can do this."

"Hey," Steve rubbed her arm slowly, reassuring her, "we like you. I like you," he added with a whisper in her ear, making her blush.

"But that's different," she insisted, then failed to come up with a reason why. "They're my family, and you're my...friends."

home ; 𝐬. 𝐫𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐬  ,  𝟏On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara