extraordinary • mg

A/N:

50 reads?! Thank y'all so much!!
Another Mitch chap but dw,
Scott and Kurvy's chapters are coming sOOn.

Idk why I just put two capital O's in there but I'm sure gonna look back and change this later lmao

Also, could y'all start commenting? I'd like see what you all think of the story!

Disclaimer, this may or may not be quite a long'un, so get comfy and grab a snack because it's gonna be an eventful ride.

**********************************

Where was I?

Ah yes, Skills class.

My favourite class of them all just so happens to be Skills. I am in the top class - as I am for basically every class - but it's different.

At school, everyone wants to be the most powerful. And this class is the way to show it!

In Skills, we do four different things. Airwalking, attack, help, and theory. Help is when you learn to use your powers for the better, and theory is just a writing period when you answer questions on different techniques.

Airwalking is basically learning to fly. I've been flying since I was about 9 or 10, it's natural for me. The top class is full of the best flyers in our grade.

The bottom classes aren't so lucky. They spend the year learning to fly while there's wind, the middles expand their skills a little with or without a breeze.

Us in the top have learnt to fly without wind completely. This year, we are learning how to levitate different objects using a technique called
"air-balling".

Attack is learning how to use your powers in battle. We are split into weight groups in our classes. I'm the lightweight of my class, so I'm always paired with the skinniest and smallest person.

Firstly, all of the pairs stand opposite of each other. We learn a new trick every lesson, so the teacher first grabs a random volunteer and demonstrates the technique. We then practice our trick on our partners for 10 minutes or so until we are ready to go into the Battle Room.

The Battle Room is a large space, with stair-seats on one side and a duel space on the other. The duel space is a rectangle about the length of the hall, which is off the ground. It's big enough to walk on, quite wide but not really super wide.

A pair will fly up to the space and take their place on either side. They then take three steps closer to one another, and the fight begins.

Fighters each take turns attacking each other until one is attacked so hard that they fall off of the duel space.

It is really high up, but we have a defence mechanism called the "air-cushion" when if we fall off of something relatively high, we can swirl air together to make a cushion type thing that breaks our fall. Cool, right?

The six "winners" all get next class off to do more skills. I never really try that hard in Attack because I feel I would embarrass myself if I missed the target.

Now that I'm done explaining, let's get back to me going into class.

***********************************