foggy ▦

fog
/fôg/
noun
1. a thick cloud of tiny water droplets suspended in the atmosphere at or near the earth's surface that obscures or restricts visibility.
2. something that obscures and confuses a situation or someone's thought processes.

she's had enough.

it was another night without him. ever since he had left her, the bed had felt like a foreign place. the sofa was no longer a place to relax on and watch tv. the pictures on the wall that she had never bothered to take down were a cruel, cruel punishment to remind her everyday about what she did and how she's going to face the consequences.

her mind was plagued with thoughts of him. his laugh, his eyes, his hair, the mole on his neck, his personality, the way he'd back hug her, the way he kissed her, the way he made love to her.

her demons were eating her up alive from the inside and she didn't know what to do.

she thought she was strong enough to not let a stupid break up swallow her up. she thought she was strong enough to deal with this herself.

she wasn't. 

and the fact that she had no one else to comfort her besides the stray cat that lingered by her front porch every once in a while was not helping her win the battle against the monsters inside of her.

was she worthy enough to ask for his forgiveness? 

it had been months. months. 

maybe he's found someone new. maybe he's happy with her. maybe he's living a life with no regrets now.

but she was the exact opposite, and she felt like trash for even thinking for a second that maybe he was suffering just as much as her.

she got out of bed and decided to live today the way she wanted to.

but with the grey scenery of the outside world and the grey houses lining the streets, she felt less motivated. the sound of the wind blowing through her window became her background music as she decided to make another excuse as to why she won't try to move on today.

maybe tomorrow will be a better day.