He licked his lips. "Alright. I'll join you."

The door to the room burst open then. In came a female doctor, sweat beading on her forehead. "We can't hold the cops off much longer."

"We'll only be another minute. Be forceful if you have to," I said.

She flashed a satisfied smile before disappearing again.

"Edward," I addressed the doctor beside me. "Why don't you start cleaning up while we do this."

"On it," he replied.

I moved around the table to stand beside Mobster. Holding the sigil to my lips, I said, "Antoine Vicardi. The Mobster."

I held my hand out then, palm face-down. "Place your hand on mine," I said to him.

He hesitated but did as I said. The ring turned cold, like having an ice cube on my finger. After a moment it went back to normal, and I pulled away.

"That's that," I said simply.

"That's it?" he asked. "We didn't do anything."

"You just bound yourself to my sigil. Now I can use it to call you. I think that's more than nothing."

He blinked. "Is that ring where all of your power comes from?"

As I cleared the wood chips from the table, I answered, "No, it's not just the ring. The ring is a communication device. It only works for me because this ring was created for my bloodline only. My charmspeak is all me, along with my ability to see and interact with ghosts, not to mention use the ring itself. No random person on the street would be able to control it."

He nodded, but never took his eye off my ring. Perhaps he was just in shock from the news he was dead and now his soul was tied to my ring. Could a ghost go into shock?

There was shouting from outside the morgue. "Time to go," I said to the others.

They followed as I pushed open the heavy door, stepping out into a hallway of chaos. There were five police officers fighting one rogue cop and two doctors. Three officers were on the ground unconscious. I smiled.

"It's the Hauntress!" one of the officers, a young female, exclaimed. She looked a mix of star-struck and horrified.

I smiled and waved as I passed by the fight, heading for the elevator. I assumed we were in the basement, and I needed to get to the ground floor. Not seeing any stairs, this would be the fastest way. Hopefully I wouldn't run into any reinforcements above.

Once in the elevator, I turned to the boys. "Edward, I hope you're ready to fight if we see any cops. And Mob, if you want to give it a go, you can try your first possession. Pick anyone. Preferably someone who can fight."

He only nodded, but I could see he had the faintest smile. Being a ghost had it's perks.

The elevator dinged, opening up to a waiting room. As I crossed the room people noticed me, a child screamed, and everyone seemed to pause. I approached the desk where two nurses sat on computers. One looked up at me and gasped.

"Hi. How are ya?" I said, sounding as ordinary as possible. "Can you tell me which way to the East entrance?"

I heard her gulp, which almost made me laugh but I bit my tongue. "That way," she pointed a shaking hand. "At the end of the hall you'll turn right. Make a left after that and you'll find it."

"Thanks," I winked.

It was in the second hallway that we stumbled into a mother and her son. She screamed at seeing me, which I thought was rather over dramatic. Two officers flew around the corner to see what was the matter, their eyes landing on me.

"I just want to go home," I complained, hoping they might pity me.

No such luck. One of them pulled a taser from his belt while the other reached for his gun.

"Whoa, whoa, is that really necessary?" I asked, holding up my arms in surrender. I smiled, focusing power into my voice. "There's no need for fighting."

They both blinked. My charmspeak had a disorienting effect, which made it all the better. They put away their weapons and straightened. "I'd hate to fight," said the older cop with the mustache.

"You two look a little thirsty. Why don't you both go grab some coffee."

"Coffee," the younger one agreed. "I don't drink coffee, but I could go for some coffee."

I waved them off before continuing. I passed the mother who stared at me, mouth gaping. I made sure to blow her a kiss as I walked by.

I made it all the way to the lobby before the cops came over the charmspeak. "Hey!" one of them yelled as they ran in.

I looked at Edward. "Will you take care of this?"

He smirked. "My pleasure."

"Me too," said Mobster. "I could use a good fight."

He ran off to presumably try his first possession. I watched as he slipped into the younger cop, who jolted. He looked at me and gave a thumbs up. Then, he whipped out his gun and aimed for the other cop.

"Mob!" I called, but the shot rang out. I cringed as the older cop fell, a bullet hole in the heart.

"Mob!" I yelled a second time, this time catching his attention. "We don't kill. Not innocents."

He slumped a little. "Aren't you the Hauntress? I've seen you torture grown men. The hell is the problem with this?"

"You kill any more innocents and I will terminate our contract."

At that, I turned and continued through the front doors, finding Gerard waiting beside the limousine. As he opened the door for me, he asked, "How'd it go?"

"The usual," I lied.

He smiled. "Figured. Where to now, boss?"

"I think I'd like to stop for some Chinese food before going home."

"Panda Express?"

"Panda Express."

Gerard shut my door before heading for the driver's seat. I looked out the window at the hospital only to find a reporter taking pictures or maybe filming me. I slid down lower in my seat, hoping she was a fan rather than a hater. I didn't want anyone thinking I'd just terrorized a hospital.

I'm trying to be good.

____________
A/N
Hiiii. I don't know about you guys, but Chinese food is my fav. Anywho, hope y'all liked the chap, don't forget to vote, comment if you like. Here comes a Megan chap!
- Stevie
>>also, just giving a shoutout to Megan for drawing that awesome picture of the Hauntress! I love it!!<<