Orphanage

-No! – 

I screamed and got on my feet. My face was covered with sweat and I was really hot inside. 

Oh... a nightmare again. 

I looked around and saw that everyone was looking at me with shock in their faces. 

I quickly scolded myself for yelling and sat down on the bed. 

Is this going to be my life till I die? 

I sighed and realized that I have to wake up. 

Quickly made my bed and put on my only clothing: ripped jeans with a black blazer. 

Got my hair in a ponytail and put on my dirty sneakers. I haven't got any socks, so I had to walk with only my sneakers. It felt a little weird at first, but I'm used to it now. 

I mean, this isn't some kind of a cat walk. It's just a normal day in an orphanage. 

I went down to the kitchen and took some cookies, unnoticed. 

Mmm...it tasted delicious. 

Usually I would take the whole bowl, but last night the chef said to the owner: ''Someone is stealing my food.''

Such a buzzkill! I would shut her up, if someone would have known that it was me. 

When breakfast was ready, I told my partners in crime- a short blond haired boy Michael and  Susan, about my everyday plan to get out of this dump of a place.

- This time it's going to be different. I swear. - I said, while they were eating mashed potatoes (I wasn't). 

–I have planned out every step and made a map to prove it. –

-I'm sure that you have.I believe you...but how are you planning to get out from the building? –

 Michael said while holding a serious face. He is usually the boy who helps me throughout the plans, which usually leads to a disaster. 

His parents were divorced, that's why he came here. Nobody else wanted him. Not even them. Sad.

-It's going to be very easy. I'll just...- 

Then this place owner came through the doors and everyone stopped eating. There was a complete silence in the hall where the cafeteria was. (It's not as fancy as it's called

I have never even liked him. I think nobody has.

He was kind of fat with very dark hair and grey, evil eyes. 

His face was usually covered in a creepy smile and this day wasn't an exception for us.

- My Dear kids. – 

He started his speech, not forgetting the evil smile. 

– Today you'll have a special day. –

(I'm scared already)

– Messed up people, who want to find a child to take care of will come to see you today. – 

He looked at me this time and I had the urge to look away. 

– That's why you'll wash up, dress properly and wait them by the front door. Okay? And if someone ruins this day, anyhow, ll'be sent to the boarding school immediately! Go! –

Everyone gasped and started to get ready. I sighed and slowly got up. 

Why today?  Washing up in cold water wasn't very soothing and rubbing my skin with solid brush as well, but I guess that's life.