9

Reader's POV

When we finally found a way to get in, we made plans: Katie and Jeremias would wait outside in case of any 'suprises' while Judy, Ben, Todd and I scoped around to look for a source of information. We could communicate with each other using a handheld transceiver. Splitting up into two teams of two, Judy took Ben while I went with Todd.

It was dark and quiet. Todd used a miniature flashlight so that we could see while I kept a steady hand on my gun. We came to a door but to our dismay, it was locked. I mentally cursed when I realized that I didn't have my mechanical lock pick with me. So I had to settle with using one of the various hairpins that were keeping my hair up. What was inside the room took our breath away.

Suits. Various metal, robotic-like suits. They all resembled the one from the photograph in someway. There was a computer as well, but Ben was the one with the USB.

'Damn it. If I had the USB, I could of finished the job myself!' I whispered.

I decided to contact Ben and Judy using the transceiver to let them know that we had found a computer. But we were unaware of the suits that lit up one by one.

'Trespasser alert'

'Look out!' Todd yelled.

I jumped out of the way before the suit shot at me. I could of lost an arm. I figured that a gun wouldn't do much, so we decided to get the heck out of there. Even though I was highly trained in martial arts, I couldn't take on an army of robots. I unintentionally let out a scream when the several suits followed us. I grabbed the transceiver and screamed into it.

'We have to get the hell out of here!'

It took a minute before I heard a response.

'Are you kidding? We have to finish this mission' Ben said.

'Where are you now?'

'I don't know. We're looking for an electronic source so we can plug in this flashdrive'

I rolled my eyes. That sure was helpful. I put the transceiver away and focused on not dying.

'Hey!'

'What are you doing?'

Todd and I both froze. The suits had stopped chasing us but I figured that we were in for something worse. Another suit floated besides a man. The man was blonde and held a circular shield painted with red, white, and blue. Todd and I stared at them while a disturbing grin worked its way onto my face. Now these guys, I could take on. I grabbed ahold of my gun and shot at them.

The man held his shield up and the bullets reflected off. When I stopped shooting, he flung it at me but I jumped out of the way. Todd took on the man with the shield while I focused on the suit. if there was even a person inside the suit. I was surprisingly able to avoid all of the shots that he fired from his hand.

The two men seemed to be slowing down when Ben and Judy burst through one of the doors. Ben held the USB in his left hand while Todd and I ran towards them. Hopefully, they had successfully taken the information needed. When the guy with the shield grabbed my ankle, I used my taser to shock him before climbing out of the window.

....................................

All six of us ran back to base. When we entered garage B-400, the woman was still there. We gave her the flashdrive before she waved her hand at us, a sign to leave. We went our separate ways to our dorms. I didn't know the exact time, but it was late.

That night, I went to sleep with a smile on my face. But I couldn't help but wonder, who were those two men?