Self Defense Lessons.

Start from the beginning

"Oh yeah, I'm a fucking genius. Now turn around so I can braid your hair and here's your shoes." He comanded before handing me a pair of black Nike's and getting to work on my hair. He did some complicated braid/ ponytail and I was actually pretty shocked at how well he did.

After looking me over again he nodded and ushered me downstairs and out the back door towards the beach

After looking me over again he nodded and ushered me downstairs and out the back door towards the beach. All of the boys were huddled around talking to each other but when Kota caught my eyes he did a double take and stopped mid-sentence, his jaw dropping as his eyes roamed over my body.

That set all the other guys in a domino effect and pretty soon they were all staring at me like that, except for Meanie- who was currently grinning like a fool- and Mr. Blackbourne- who was wearing his everyday expressionless mask- but his eyes gave him away, as I could see the hunger swirling around in those icy steel orbs.

I was bright red now, and was starting to get uncomfortable from all the attention and I started shifting from foot to foot. Finally, Raven snapped out of it and charged towards me lifting me up in a spin and kissing my cheek before setting me back down again. I giggled at his enthusiasm and he beamed at me.

"Good morning malen'kaya ptichka (little bird), you look beautiful." He murmured the last part but I just smiled shyly back at him and mumbled back a 'good morning'.

The rest of the boys all greeted me and I lined up with them facing both Axel and Mr. Blackbourne- who informed me that he would like me to calk him Owen from now on- and waited for instructions.

"Okay," Axel announced with a clap of his hands.

"We're going to be doing some training today in hand to hand combat. We need to see where everyone is on this and I especially need to know where Sang's defensive abilities max out. Gentleman, I know she's a girl, so we will be taking extra caution as to not hurt her." He explained and I cocked an eyebrow resting my hands on my hips.

He thought I couldn't defend myself because I was a girl? I mentally scoffed at his assumotions before a wicked smirk crossed my lips. Mr. Black....Owen's eyes widened in reaction and I quickly blanked my features and have him a nod.

These boys obviously need to be taught a lesson on what girls raised in Chicago, Illinois are capable of...specifically girls that used to have to defend themselves from bullies all the time. I thought, and I knew Owen must have sensed as much as well because he gave me a millimeter smile and began talking never breaking eye contact.

"Miss. Soren...Sang. Who would you like to be paired with?" Owen asked me before glancing around, I smiled at him and held my head up high.

"Whoever has the most experience and is best at thus skill set please. If I train against the best. I'm less likely to fail in the events of a real world situation." I replied easily and Axel and he nodded their approval.

They called out Nathan to train me since he was the most experienced in multiple forms of Martial arts and the rest paired off. I smiled at Nathan as he moved closer to me.

"You ready, Peanut?" He asked giving me a small amused smile. Oh, so he thinks this is funny? Well then, let's just see who gets the last laugh. I smiled at him and nodded and we turned to face each other. We bumped fists like boxers and then we were off.

I bounced on my toes as I searched for a weakness, like I'd taught myself. As Nathan was observing me I realized he was keeping his weight shifted off of his left ankle and I smirked.

Bingo.

He lunged me on his right foot and swung but I dodged it, ducked and hit him with a southpaw in the stomach. I kicked his left foot out from underneath him causing him to fall hard on the sand, but he popped back up quicker than I expected and landed a not very hard blow to my ribs.

I knew he was going easy on me, and even though it ticked me off a little, I quickly recomposed myself.

I let him get a few more blows on me to my body, letting him believe he had the upper hand, till he hit me with a left hook to the jaw softly and he smirked cockily at me.

 I smirked and confusion flashed through his eyes. My smirk turned into a devious smile and I started throwing blows as fast as I could to different parts of his body before crouching down kicking his feet out from under him and straddled him quickly pinning his arms with my knees.

We were both panting at this point and his eyes were wide and his mouth was opening and closing like a fish. I giggled and he smiled widely at me.

I noticed that the other boys had gone quiet and shifted off of Nathan before standing up and helping him up. I turned and looked at the guys and they all were staring at me like I'd grown a second head, except Luke who appeared to be in la-la land and Owen who was watching me with pride in his eyes.

I smiled at the guys and that seemed to break the tension because Kota picked his jaw up off the floor and grinned widely at me.

"Sheesh 10, where did you learn that?" He questioned and I smirked.

"Well my dear 52 I happened to have grown up in a not so nice area back in Chicago, Illinois and had to pick up a few things here and there so I wouldn't get bullied so much. I haven't done it in a while though so I'm a little rusty." I explained with a small smile. The guys all chuckled and Kota walked over to give me a hug.

"So why the nickname 52?" He whispered just quiet enough that I could hear him and I smiled at him.

"I chose 52 because one you like numbers and two it makes a hidden heart." I explained and he pulled back to rub his nose against mine with a smile causing me to giggle.

He chuckled and grabbed my hand- telling me we were going to go make lunch and play with my kittens- before dragging me behind him towards the house leaving Axel to announce to the still shocked group of guys that our lessons were over for the day.

Pfft, and they thought I couldn't defend myself...