Why Did I Follow You?

"Serena, your brother is going to watch you." 

Mom said.

"Mom, I'm 18 years old already. Jay doesn't need to watch me." I whined to her. She laughed at my attempt.

"Jay is on his way from work. He'll pay for pizza." She said. I snorted at that.

"Yeah right! He'll just take the money and won't get any pizza leaving me to eat cereal like I always do." I complained.

"I promise you he won't do that. Now bye. I'll be back before you wake up." She said. I crossed my arms like a little child pouting. She laughed at that and kissed my forehead. She left through the front. The door slamming took me out of my pout. I ran to the kitchen tripping in the process over the floor rail.

"Damn it!" I let out while hopping on my left foot cradling my right foot. I hopped my way to the kitchen fridge. I took the $20 off the fridge magnet and put it in my wallet.

'You thief!'

"I'm not a thief unlike my brother." I said with a smile on my face.

'Yeah right, what about that book you took from the supermarket?'

"I forgot that it was still in my hand!" I whined.

'Yeah right.'

I took my phone out and message my brother.

'Where you at? Mom left and she told me you were on your way from your job. She didn't leave money either.' - Rena

"Now I will have to wait." I said to myself. I went back to my room. Jumping on my bed and watching videos on my phone. As every minute passed I got angry.

"Where is he?!" I asked to no one. My mind went to ways of killing my brother when I see him. I didn't notice my room door opening. I went to my contact list and was ready to call him when I jumped off my bed falling on the ground hitting my butt.

"HAHAHA!! I didn't believe it was possible but you could fly Rena!!"

I turned to face my brother who was laughing. I got up from the floor rubbing my sore butt. I glared at him. He was laughing so much that he had to use the doorknob to keep him from going completely on the ground. I grabbed my pillow and threw it at his face. Hitting him dead center. He laughed more.

"I hate you!!" I screamed at him.

"Ya love me!" He screamed back at me with a smile on his face. I smiled at that getting a chuckle out of me. It's true, I love my brother and no matter how mad I am at him, I couldn't stay mad forever. He threw my pillow on my bed and left my room.

"Hey! Where do you think your going, Mister?!" I said running after him.

"I'm going out for a bit with my friends. I'll be back before mom comes." He said. I bit my bottom lip.

"Mom said-"

"Rena, you know how to lie. Mom will believe you unlike Dad." He said making me punch his arm. He feigned hurt while putting his hand on his arm that I punched.

"OW!! Rena why did you hit me?" He whined.

"I do wonder who the older sibling is sometimes." I said monotone. He put his arm around my neck and began to rub his fist in my hair causing it to burn. I struggled to get out of his grip.

"STOP! STOP IT!!" I said laughing. He laughed at my struggle.

"No, you deserved a noogie!" He said back to me. I pinched his side hard causing him to lighten his grip on me and giving me a chance to get away. I pushed him away and took a couple of steps away from him. He pointed at me and laughed some more.

"Your hair is so funny!"

I took it out of it's ponytail and fixed it up. I took the closest object next to me, a handball that I had placed their earlier from returning from the park, and whipped it at him. He ran out going to the front door. Me following behind him. There was a car waiting for him outside. He got in and flipped me the bird while laughing. I did the same thing to him.

'Follow him.'

'Don't, he said he will be right back.'

"It's not going to hurt me if I follow him." I stated while putting on my Hawaiian colored shoes. Making sure they were tight I left the house.

I ran in the direction that the car went.

The smell of gas still in the air telling me which way it went. I ran faster knowing in a couple of minutes I will lose the scent.

'Such a dog.'

"I'll take that as a compliment." I said. I took a left going down a hill. The angle making me run faster, but also making me tumble.

'Trip, fall, anything to stop following.'

'Leave her.'

I stopped at the bottom of the hill when the view of the car came in. It's signal light going left. I stayed standing where I was and waiting for it to go. My heart trying to beat its way out of my chest. I began to run when it took that left. An abandoned warehouse came into my view. I stopped at the corner of the street and waited.

My brother got out the car and went in. The car leaving and coming towards my direction. I quickly went on the ground and put my head on my arms making it look like I just got here and was going to sleep. Which was perfect seeing as there were tents set up just a couple of streets down. Hearing the car pass I waited for another 3 minutes and got up. I ran to warehouse entrance going through a hole in the fence.

The outside looked good besides the windows being smashed in. A few of the roof tiles missing. Other than that, it looked in good shape. I silently ran to the door. Slowly pushing it open to not cause a noise.

"It's good to see you again, Jay." A voice said. I silently closed the door. I hunched over and ran to a box. I leaned over and saw 3 guys. Leaning more out I spotted my brother. His usual smiling face was no longer there. A serious straight one was now on it.

"Was that it? I'm here for business." Jay said. One of the guys chuckled.

"I know. Do you have the papers?" Jay took something out of his pocket. He handed it to them and walked back.

'Go now.'

'No.'

"Jay, what's going on?" I asked appearing next to him. His eyes widen at me. I didn't notice the other people pulling something out of their jacket.

"Serena what are you doing here?!" He seethed out at me. Anger in his voice. My eyes widen at his tone since I never heard it before.

"We told you to come here alone. Looks like you went against what we said." A person said. His voice raspy.

Everything became a blur in 10 seconds. My brother screaming at me. A couple loud pops along with something flashing white. My body being shoved into a pile of boxes. My hearing gone silent for a slight ringing.

A groan took me out of my trance seeing my brother on the ground. A slam of a door closing took my attention away from him for a few seconds before I got up and ran to my brothers side. A puddle began to go around him and letting me see the holes in his body. I pressed my hands on one causing him to groan more making me let go.