I'm Sorry

"Jay! Please don't go!"

I cried. My hands on my brothers shirt, clenching onto it. Tears going down my face, snot beginning to come out of my nose. But I didn't care. My brother was laying on the cold concrete ground. Bleeding out of two gunshots wounds. His chest stuttering trying to get as much air in. A hand rested on my shoulder. I looked at Jay's face. A smile on it.

'Why are you smiling?! Why?!!' My mind screamed.

"You have two ways to get out, Serena. You leave through that back door on your two feet, or through the front door in a body bag. Your choice." He said to me. I shook my head quickly.

"No!! I'm not leaving you here!!" I shouted at him. My cries and thoughts drowned the sound of police sirens in the distance. His left hand went to his pocket. He took out his wallet. He handed it to me.

"Here. Call them. Take the gun over there." He gasped out.

"Jay, I'm not going anywhere!" I said getting angry.

"Serena!! Leave!! Please do your brother a last favor. Leave." He said tears now going down his face. Everything was going bad. Why did I come here?! I got my brother like this. I took his wallet. I hugged him saying sorry over and over to him. I got up from the floor. My eyes going to the gun at his feet. A pistol. I looked back at my brother and he nodded his head. I reached over with my right hand. The metal making me shiver, the weight of it in my hand making my heart get more heavy.

"Leave Serena." He said. I took one last look at him and ran. My feet leading me to the back of the warehouse. My right hand pocketing the pistol and my left clenching my brothers wallet for dear life. I slammed open the back door. The night wide hitting me making me shiver.

"Check the perimeter!! The shots came from this warehouse!!"

I skipped the steps going down the stairs. My sides were blocked off from crates and in front of me was a fence. I climbed the fence. Jagged edges cut into my right hand and left fingers seeing as I still had a hold on my brothers wallet. I got to the top and stopped.

'What are you doing?! You can't stop here!' My mind screamed at me.

'I know, but my brother?'

'He told you to do something! His last dying breath was for you to leave and call them!'

I brought my left leg over the fence and jumped to the ground. Shots of pain traveled up my legs making me hiss. I tried to not think of it and ran as fast as I can from the warehouse. I let my feet take me to any place. A place far away from there. But all they did were bring me to an empty playground. I let out a cry. My right hand going through my hair and pulling at it. I cried more. Dropping to my knees, the pain made me cry harder.

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry! I'M SORRY!!" I shouted while leaning on my knees.

'You did one of his wishes. Now the other.' My mind said.

I stopped my crying. My eyes staring at nothing in front of me. Everything was now on auto-pilot. My right hand took out my phone from my back pocket. Swiping it unlock I went to the dial pad. Flipping my brothers wallet open and small ripped paper fell out. I picked it up. The writing was in my brothers hand. A phone number. Dialing the number. I brought it to my ear.

"Ring! Ring!.... Ring! Ring!... Ring! Ring!.... Ring! Ri- Hello?"

My brain stopped working. That voice.

"Hello? Who is this?"

I opened my mouth. My voice hoarse.

"Ethan."