Given

Barry began to rush past the guards to the woman.

"Stop her!" He shouted, hoping the citizens on the boat would. " Stop her, she hurts that child!" 

Angel began to move faster, and keep her head down. Only that a kid around 20 years old quickly got in her way. He wrapped his arms around her, to stop her from running. 

Owen looked up to see it was the kid at the booth. The one he gave a 20 dollar tip to after winning Jessica her little Bunny. He smiled as Barry held the woman. He took Jessica out of Angel's arms, even though Angel began to scream and flail.

He brought Jessica a few feet away from Owen, then put her down. Owen was on his knees with his arms out. He looked at terrified Jessica.

"It's okay. You are safe Jessica." Owen cooed. "Come here Rabbit."

Jessica then ran into his large arms, wrapping her little ones around his neck. Owen held her tight. Those few moments of her being away pulled his heart. Never again. It was such a close call.

"Mr. Lunnisa! What are you doing!" Claire screeched. Barry held Angel as he took out the papers from his back pocket.

"Angel Banner, an escaped patient at Grady Psychiatric. She was diagnosed with Capgras Delusion." Barry told her as Claire took the papers. "After finding evidence of her beating her daughter, a doctor discovered she believed that the little girl was not actually her daughter. She recently escaped and has been on look out for over a month."

"That's around the time Jessica got here." Owen added. Claire examined the papers, and her face went pale (which was impressive considering how pale she naturally was). 

"That little bitch took my daughter away! She deserved all of it!" Angel screeched.

"I already have Grady doctors on their way here." Barry told Claire. "I can confirm it was Angel on the security Tape as well."

"I don't know what to say..." Claire said with shame. Her eyes fluttered through the pages of information.

"Put her in the custody wing." Mr Masrani said. They all looked, not seeing where he came from. "She will be released to Grady Hospital when they come, and back on the main land the authorities can deal with her."

However, Owen and Jessica blocked everyone out. IT was just him and her. Him holding her tight, as a promise to protect her. Owen reached into his back pocket and pulled out the little rabbit.

"This little guy missed you." Owen whispered to her. Jessica's face  lit up as she quickly held the little Rabbit. All Owen could do is stroke her long hair, and live in the moment that she was actually here.

"Mr. Grady." Owen looked up at see Mr. Masrani. Owen put Jessica on his hip as he stood up to look at his boss. "I put the child in your care. I will have the one of the lawyers bring you forms to keep her in your custody."

"Thank you sir." Owen said with respect. Masrani looked at little Jessica. Her head was resting on  Owen's shoulder, with the bunny close to her chest. Her eyes were closing.

"I suggest you go back home, it looks like someone has had a bit of an adventure today." Masrani said. Owen looked at Jessica and smiled.

"Is that okay? I know there is still things that have to be sorted out." Owen said. He respected Masrani, so showing him that was one of Owen's priorities.

"Take her home Mr. Grady." Mr. Masrani said. "This will be dealt with. Go."

Owen nodded and walked back to his Jeep. He drove the same way he brought Jessica home the first time. Once they got to the place they called home, Owen brought her inside. Before entering his bedroom, he stopped in front of the promise wall.

Promise never to leave each other

Owen smiled at the messy letters. HE glanced down at the sleeping beauty in his arms. He placed her down on the bed and laid the warm blanket on her. HE moved her long hair out of her hair, and placed a small kiss on her forehead.

"I promise."

Okay...
So Now there will be time skips on Jessica's life.
I apologize for the long wait.
I just got a new job and I start College soon.
Thank you for your votes and Comments
Love you all!!!
~Charlie