At First

Owen pulled up to his small Bungalow. It had wood paneling on the walls and sat right next to the water. His bike sat out front, waiting to get fixed up. A trailer was attached on the side for more space and had a shade cover on it.

 A trailer was attached on the side for more space and had a shade cover on it

The two got out of the jeep and headed to the door. Owen opened the tight fitting white door. A large creek echoed in the small hut. Owen turned on the lights and light showed off the room. A large red couch sat in the middle of the room. A kitchen stayed in the back corner, with very little space. But it worked for Owen. 

There was another door to a bedroom. It was littered with clothes that he hadn't gotten around to washing yet. Hanging on the wall was some medals from his time in the Navy, and a logo of the original Jurassic Park, to remind him of what had happened before, and could happen now.

"Welcome to my Bungalow." Owen said to the child softly. Her arms were still wrapped around his neck, and she sat on his hip. Her face buried itself into his chest. Owen made his way over to the couch and slowly pried the girl off him. Owen pulled over a wooden chair to sit in front of her.

Her large oversized blue t-shirt covered her knees as she pulled them into her chest. Her ratty hair covered most of her face. But Owen could still see Hazel eyes looking at his blue green ones. She seemed calm but shy.

"Are you Hungry?" Owen asked her. The girl bit her bottom lip and looked down. Owen sighed, not knowing what to do. He got up and grabbed himself a beer, then poured a glass of water for the girl. He placed it on he table next to her then went to go change into something more comfortable and for the girl to wear.

Once Owen was out of sight, The little girl got up and walked into the kitchen. She opened the fridge and pulled out meat, lettuce and Mayo. A dirty plate was already on the counter, as well as silverware. She put the ingredients down and grabbed the bread. She used her shirt to clean the plate then began to make a sandwich.

Once she was done, she put everything back and put the plate on Owen's seat. She took a napkin and folded it. She put it next to the cut sandwich. The little girl went back to the kitchen and grabbed a beer. She twisted the top off and placed it with the food. She then crawled back up on to the couch, her knees went back to her chest and she waited.

Owen finally found something for her, and came out of the room. Once he got over, he was stun to see a sandwich and a beer in the seat he was sitting in. He looked at the girl and pointed to the sandwich.

"Is that for me?" He asked. The little girl nodded. Owen put down the clothes and headed over to the food. He put the plate on his lap and the beer next to him. Owen skeptically picked up one of the halves. He saw the girl staring at it, in hunger and anticipation. Owen took a bite of the sandwich and his eyes widened.

"You made this?" He asked her as he swallowed. The girl nodded nervously. "This is the best sandwich I have every had. And I'm old, so I know."

The girl cracked a smile that warmed Owen's heart. He picked up the untouched half and looked at the girl.

"You want my other half? You need to try this." Owen said, trying to get the girl to eat. Her smile disappeared, and she gave a face of distrust. "I'll eat mine, if you eat this." 

The girl hesitantly took the half from Owen. Owen saw the bruising around her wrist, but didn't pull attention to it, due to the fact he trying to get her to trust him. The little girl brought the sandwich to her chest then looked at Owen.

"I take a bite, then you....okay?" Owen said. He took a bite of the sandwich then looked at the girl. "Your turn."

The girl looked at Owen, then the sandwich, then back at Owen. She brought the food to her mouth and took a bite. She began to chew fast, and took another bite.

"Thought you were hungry." He chuckled, and began to eat his sandwich too. She eat the sandwich quickly, Mayo spread around her mouth. Owen handed her a napkin, and she took it embarrassed. Owen noticed, and took a messy bite, to get mayo on his face. "Do I have any?"

She giggle and nodded.

"Can you get it off for me?" He asked her. She got up and cleaned up Owen's face. He kept making silly faces, making her laugh. It was such a beautiful laugh. "Thank you."

The girl went back to the couch, but she sat criss-cross instead. Owen could see most of her now.

"So, Can you tell me your name?" Owen asked. "I just want to know what to call you."

The girl began to tug on her fingers then says something, so quietly Owen couldn't hear.

"Sorry, I couldn't hear you." Owen said, and mover closer to her.

"They call me Bitch..." She said quietly. Anger flowed through his chest. How could someone do that to a child?

"Well, that doesn't fit. How about we come up with a new one?" Owen suggests. The girl nodded.

"Hmmm what about Magenta? Cause you get along with Blue and Blue's clues, you know?" Owen says, the girl shakes her head.

"Rosie? Cause you got Rosie cheeks." Owen said, while poking her warm cheeks. She giggled, but shook her head. Owen bit his lip and really looked at her, and pictured her when she would be older.

"You're gonna be a looker when your older.....what about Jessica? Little Jessie?" Owen suggests.

"I like that one." Jessica says. 

"Well, Jessie, Let's get you changed for bed okay?" Jessica nodded and stood up. Owen took the large t-shirt off her, and looked at her body. 

Splotches of yellow from healing bruises scattered her body. A large red gash went from her belly button up to her left ribcage. He touched it lightly.

"Does that hurt?" Jessie nodded. "We will go to the doc tomorrow and get you all check out okay?"

"Can we see blue?" She asked.

"Of Course." Owen said, and Jessie smiled. He put one his t-shirts on her. He picked up the little Jessica and brought her over to his bed. He tucked her in, and was about to leave, but Jessica grabbed his hand.

"Can.....Can I sleep with you?" Jessie asked, with slight fear. Owen nodded and got in next to her. She snuggled into his side, making Owen smile.He stroked her hair then began to fall asleep.

And prepare for the next day.