Chapter 5: Doomed

^ Raider ^

Raider

A crash broke through the silence, it was so loud and sudden that I jumped in surprise with a startled yelp. Pack members growled, glaring towards the doorway, where dozens of huge wolves stood growling and glaring in return.

Then in a flash they were at each other's throats, tearing and snapping at each other viciously. A strange scent reached my nose, but it was quickly pushed from my mind when my eyes landed on alpha Warren; who was stalking towards me with a dangerous look in his eyes.

Each step he took closer had my heart racing faster and faster in fear. He was standing right infront of me now, and in one powerful swipe scent the sofa flying. My body began to shake as I stood there, completely exposed. A whimper slipped passed my lips as alpha Warren glared down at me.

"Do you have a death wish?" I shook my head quickly, my back against the wall, no way to escape.

"Then fight." He barked, biting into the scruff of my neck before launching me into the crowd of crazed wolves. I tumbled helplessly but quickly jumped to my feet before I could get trampled. My eyes landed on a huge brown wolf nearly twice my size. I've fought bigger.

This isn't the first time alpha Warren has thrown me to the wolves- literally. My vision went black, the images started to flicker in my mind.

I was wondering in the forest, tripping over my own feet as I looked around fearfully. The shadows shallowed everything, even the trees looked black and dead. A snap echoed through the woods, making my ears shoot up as I came to a halt. Someone was out there in the darkness, waiting. A evil chuckle filled the air, and then in the shadows I saw a pair of blood red eyes.

Rogues.

Others came from the darkness until I was completely surrounded. A huge black wolf stepped forward and shifted, his once blood red eyes were now an intense deep blue, and had an icy gleam to them that had me wanting to bolt. "Kill him." He ordered, my breath catching in my throat as two wolves emerged from the woods on either side of him, both of them were at least twice my size.

I only had a moment to prepare before they rushed forward, heading straight for me. The bigger one reached me first and swung a its huge grey paw. I ducked, just in the nick of time, but I wasn't quick enough to dodge the other as slammed into my side.

It felt like a wrecking ball hit me as I was sent sailing, pain bursting through my side. I hit the ground with a loud thud and went tumbling, coming to a halt right before my head collided with a tree.

I watched in horror as the other rogue pounced before I could recover, my pained cries filling the night as as its claws sliced into my shoulder. The other rogue joined in the attack, tearing and clawing at me. Give up. That was an option. One that I was contemplating, after all what chance did I have? These rogues were twice my size and even if I could take them out there are still more in the woods.

No! A voice screamed, As long as you're breathing you fight! Something in me snapped, my whines of pain when silent and were replaced by deep growls. My vision went black, and I was quickly consumed by darkness. I must be dying, I thought sorrowfully as I lost all awareness.

Then light. Blurry shapes. Then the shapes became clearer, the sight before me had my stomach churning and my heart racing. The rogues, both of them dead at my feet and covered with blood. Did I do that? I scanned over myself quickly, my eyes widening with fear. My once cream colored coat was now a glisening red.

Oh god. I glanced up as the alpha chuckled darkly, "I underestimated you."

"Welcome to the family." He said, his cold blue eyes locking on me as dozens of rogues approached from the darkness. Something strange happened, his cold blue eyes changed, morphed into a shimmering gold. "You're attacking our mate!" Robin yelped in a panic, bringing me to a sudden halt. What?

The past faded away as I was brought back to the present, the first thing I noticed was the strange smell again. A mix of pine and oak, with a sweet underlying scent of honey. The scent was different from others, it had an almost hypnotic quality about it that had my body trembling.

The second thing I noticed was that the strange scent was coming from the huge brown wolf from earlier. "Our mate." Robin whispered dreamily, while my stomach sunk with dread. My whole body tensed, a whimper scratched at the back of my throat as I gazed at him fearfully.

Here comes the rejection. "He won't reject us." Robin assured. Sure he won't. Robin always was optimistic while I was the realistic one.

Our mate wouldn't want us. Every male werewolf wanted a strong female mate; one who could protect themselves and do what all female could, bare pups. Me- I was a weak omega, and I couldn't exactly have pups. What reason would he have for accepting me when he could easily mate with someone else?

None. Sure we were made for each other but that didn't stop a lot of werewolves from rejecting their mates.

Some werewolves were doomed to be rejected, and I was one of them.