Chapter 4: He's. . ?

^ Garrett ^

Garrett

Help me! Someone, anyone, help! No, please goddess no! Screams filled my head and woke me from my sleep. I shot up in bed, and wondered breifly if it was from a nightmare. My chest tightened when I recognized one of the voices, Meredith, one of the woman in the pack. Oh god, the screams aren't from a nightmare they're coming through the pack link.

"What's going on?" I asked. Dozens of voices filled my head with panicked answers. It was hard to tell what they were saying, but I got enough of it to understand what had happened.

The pack was attacked. Alpha's mate taken.

I jumped up from the couch and ran to the front door before throwing it open and running towards the woods at full speed. I shifted midstep, falling onto four legs and continued to run even faster. Cerberus howled in rage, "We'll kill every one of those filthy rogues, wipe them off the face of the earth." He growled. "I'm with you on that." I agreed, those rogues were going to pay.

The woods flew by in a blur as I ran like a bat out of hell, my vision was stained red and pulsed as the anger coursed through my body like a poison an filled me with an intense need to kill every rogue bastard in sight. I should have known this was going to happen. I'm the leader of pack patrol for fuck's sake I should have known they were going to attack!

This is all my fault. This is all my fault. Self loathing and guilt hit me hard, nearly bringing me to my knees but I kept running.

Throwing myself a pity party won't help right now. "It's not your fault, even if you did know they were going to attack you never would have known what day. This would have happened either way."

"But they could have been prepared." I argued.

"They had tranquilizer guns, no amount of preparation could have beat that." Tranquilizer guns? That's a new one for me. Why would they use tranquilizer guns when they get more joy ripping their prey apart? They were ordered to. The thought seemed to be the only reasonable explanation, but who?

Their alpha? No, someone else. Someone working with the rogues. But who would do that and why? The alpha's mate was kidnapped.

All of this work for Everett? For what purpose, I don't know, there are lots of reasons. But unfortunately that leads me to a dead end on who could be working with the rogues. Doesn't matter who it is, they're going to die with the rest of the rogues. Cerberus growled in agreement. The smell of blood reached my nostril, making them flare.

Looks like they couldn't help their violent nature. Sobs filled the air as the woman and children cried, they were almost as prominent as the sharp, metallic smell of blood. When I finally reached the packhouse, my body froze, and Cerberus scratched at me for control.

He wanted revenge; cold, violent, bloody revenge. Before us, hell had broken loose, and it was all those damn rogues' fault. The windows were broken in, the doors ripped from there frame. Bodies littered the ground, blood splattering almost inch of earth.

Women cried at the sight of their mate lying dead, children hid in the safety of their parents arms- surely tramatized. Most of the men were gathering in a group, a blank look on their face as they waited for their alpha, but looking closely I could see how shaken they were.

Alpha Orion came out of the packhouse, a determined look on his face and his hands fisted by his side. "Let's move out." He ordered, shifting before taking off into the woods.

The rest shifted and followed after him, but I stood frozen, my eyes soaking in the total and utter choas around me. "You heard him, let's go." Cerberus growled impatiently. Shaking my head to clear my mind I took off into a sprint, following the alpha as he lead us through the woods. Where does he think he's going? Does he think he would just run through the woods until we found them?