CHAPTER 1 - GOODBYE

I sit on the chair infront of the mirror in my bedroom, looking at my reflection.

I just sit there, doing nothing, making no noise. My body is there, but my soul is elsewhere.

Until now, I can still remember the event that happened a couple of days ago.

*FLASHBACK*

After that phonecall, I rushed to the hospital where the man I was talking to earlier told me. I didn't even bother changing my pyjamas.

"Where is he?!" I asked the nurse on the information desk.

"Name, ma'am?"

"KIM NAMJOON! WHERE IS HE?! PPALLI!" I shouted at her.

I must've made her scared that she panicked while typing the name on the computer.

"PPALLI! PPALLI!"

I felt a hand on my shoulder so I quickly turned around to see whose hand it is.

"Who are you?" I raised my eyebrow at him

He bowed his head to me. "Annyeonghaseyo. I'm Officer Im Changkyun. I was the one who was talking to you on the phone earlier."

"Oh!" I bowed down. "Sorry for my attitude just now. And thank you for the information."

"It's part of our job, ma'am. Me and my team received a call in our station about that incident so we immediately went to that area."

"Please, drop the formality. Just call me Chaeyoung. Choi Chaeyoung."

"Ne." He smiled. "Uhh... I think you should follow me, Chaeyoung-ssi."

He bowed at the nurse at the desk. "Uhm.. thank you, miss."  Then he started walking and gestured me to follow him.

"Where are we going?"

"To him." He simply answered.

Just by the simple answer of his, I already know what he's talking about. I shut myself up as reality hits me again.

We were walking down the hallway, pass numbers of doors I thought we were going to stop at. Each step makes me harder to breathe, thinking that within these doors lies the body of my boyfriend.

We took left and right turns in every corner we passed by, my head hang low and making no noise. It's so quiet that even our breaths can be heard. We walked and walked until we stopped at the very far end of the hallway.

He stood infront of the door, me behind him. When I felt that he's not making any moves soon, I lifted my head up to see what's going on.

I read the sign that is hanging infront of the door.

Morgue

Even though I know the reason why we're standing infront of this door, I still kept on convincing myself that he and I are just here because he has another case to look for before going to where Namjoon really is.

"After you." he opened the door and gestured me to go in first. I hesitated though but I gather all my strength to take a step. I took steps enough for me to be inside the room and for him to have a space to go in.

As my eyes wander around, all I see are stainless tables with big white cloths covering something which I know are bodies on it.

"Hello." greeted the man on a white suit. We greeted him back, well, just Officer Changkyun. I just bowed and said nothing really.

"I'm Lee Soohyuk. What can I do for you?"

"Uhhm.. Annyeonghaseyo, Soohyuk-ssi. I'm Changkyun and this is Chaeyoung. We came here for uhh.. Kim Namjoon."