19 - Life Speech

I am an old three and you're something that held me alive in a huge storm...

Ana's POV 
Continues...
I saw almost the whole São Paulo city from here. "Wow, it looks...amazing." I breathed.

"It does." Ney said and I turned my head to him.

"Why did you bring me here?" I asked, he leaned on the car and smiled.

"Look, over there. It looks really poor, and like poor people lives there. Right!?" He said pointing to a totally different place. I turned my head and it actually looked like it.

"Yeah..."

"I got born somewhere there. And I used to live there...with no money, no good house, no enough food to eat every day breakfast, luch, snacks between, then dinner. Just morning and dinner. And then I thought to myself...I'll be a really good footballer, earn money and and give it to my family. Then I trained, trained and trained. After all the train in years, I came over there.." Neymar pointed to a football field. But not a huge one, kind of small one.
"There, I moved to Santos. Since I've reached just a part of my goal, I was happy there. My half or more of the football career have been in that place. One day we had to play against Barça. I did told myself while I was young that I'll be so good that I'll be transferred to Barça." He chuckled in between " Barça won, like always but I felt home there. I don't know why but I really liked the atmosphere in Camp Nou. Of course it wasn't as same as Santos but there was something that I don't know either. But, yeah something totally different that I've stepped to that field from an unknown child that plays football in the streets of Brazil, São Paulo and a footballer who steps on Camp Nou grass. I had a different feeling in there. I prayed a lot to play with Barça. We went back to Brazil. Then after some months, I gave up. But I never gave up on training to be a professional and a really good footballer. And just after one day my decision of never giving up, they asked me to transfer to Barça. I of course didn't wanted to leave Brazil, my hometown, Santos, the team that raised me and stuff. But I ended up transferring to Barça. Coz I promised to myself, that I -for my my family- will transfer, and also make good performances. Now I'm there..." He pointed at a huge stadium, which is I guess supposed to be Brazil's stadium.
"Now when I have the chance to make one more dream come true. By winning World Cup, here, at the place I'm born at, raised at. And after so much train, I'm the captain in Brazil, World Cup and representing my country. But with someone totally different person in my life. You." I glanced at his face, he was already looking at me "So, I just don't want us to be mad at each other. You changed me a lot in this past weeks. If you understand that I mean, I'm sorry. I just want to have you with me. Imagine, I am a tree, a really old one and almost is going to fall. One day, it comes a really big storm. A really really big one. Just when the three, I am going to fall, you came. Like a strong stick and held me in life. You were like something that held me. To be alive, to not to fall and break. You're like, the one that I can't live without. If you weren't in my life, I would probably fall, and not to be able to live. In reality, I shouldn't maybe even make it this far, without your support in just almost one month...Shortlisted, I'm sorry. I don't want to be mad at you. And sorry coz I've been rude."

"It's okay." I say in a low tone.

"So?"

"I understand what you tried to mean. Not only in sorry..." I smiled and Ney did the same as he wrapped his arms around my shoulder, pulling me closer to himself.

"Thanks." He whispered. I didn't answer and put my head on his shoulder.

"I never knew that you came so far. A little poor boy, now is one of the best in the world."

"I never gave up."

"I'm proud of you." I said and leaned to kiss his cheek.

"And I'm thankful for all the ways you made me feel better." He smiled.

"As I said, I still have goals to reach but now I have more. Something out of football."

"What is it." I ask in after his breathtaking passionate kiss.

"That, I won't tell it to you." He chuckled and I pouted. "I'll tell it when the time comes."

He grabbed my hand and kissed on top of it. Then we went back home.