Epilogue - How We Do (Party)

Start from the beginning

“Hey, a bit of niceness to your best friend would not be underestimated!” she demanded as her hands moved to the sides of her hips and I rolled my eyes and crossed my hands over my chest and then chuckled a bit.

“Walk along, Kaya.” I grabbed my suitcase once again and started to walk out of the small place.

She rolled her eyes but followed me out of the restrooms anyway. “Let’s get a cab,” she suggested. I nodded and we walked through the airport until we were outside. We pulled a cab and soon we were out of there and on our way to the hotel where we had reserved a room.

As the cab driver drove through the busy London streets I took a good look, trying to remember every sign, every curve, every single detail I had carved into my brain of it. I did not know the entire city, I needed years for that. But we were on the side I knew so that was why it brought so many memories back.

It had been a year since I had left London to Paris. It had changed, but not enough as for me not to recognize it. It was still the amazing megalopolis that managed to get me to sigh dreamily every time I walked outside. There was something about this big city that got your adrenaline going and you almost felt invincible when you were walking through its streets. It was definitely a place to visit.

I took a deep sigh and Kaya held my hand for a little while, squeezing it for reassurance that I was just fine. And I was. Anything and everything that had happened a year ago was said and done. And it was past, there were no grudges or problems to hold me back. And I hoped nothing had held Eleanor back. I really hoped she was happy.

And just as that, my mind was invaded by thoughts of Eleanor. It had been forever since I had thought of her. Sure, I would remember her from time to time when I was in Paris. I would even be urged or motivated to send her an e-mail from time to time. But somehow, I never managed to do it. Was it either because I was busy or because I wanted a sort of hiatus from everything that had happened in London, I have not really overthought it. The only thing I know is that I never called or e-mailed and now I was back to London.

But what did that mean? Was I ready to go to Eleanor’s apartment –if she still lived there, I would have to ask Quinn about that- and just knock and expect her to open it up and invite me for tea?

That led me to another thought, Quinn was getting married. After a year they had finally saved enough money to make an unforgettable party and for their honey moon. They had refused to get married unless they were going on a honey moon immediately after. Which I thought was great, they deserved it and I was happy they had finally saved enough for it.

They were going to Thailand. Jolene’s cousin had been there some months earlier and had said that they would love it there, or at least that is how Jolene and Quinn told me the story through Skype when they told me they were finally getting married and that they would soon send me the invitation. I was not a maid of honor as Quinn had originally wanted me to because I was far away and I could not be there for long enough, neither did Kaya, we had busy schedules –which for models was a great thing. So we were just guests, which was totally fine for us.

We finally arrived to the hotel. We did not waste time and soon enough we were in our room, spread over the beds and panting from the exhausting trip. Who knew this trip would exhaust us more than the business ones’ we went on almost every week?

And I was right; I would have never been able to be with Harry, we both had crazy schedules. I had also lost contact with him after Kaya threw my phone through the sink one time that we were messing around. I lost all of my London contacts and I was never able to establish contact with him again.

I occasionally saw him on magazine covers. Once, I was even in the same building as him. But I had to leave that second to Monte Carlo for a photoshoot and he had an interview and a small concert in that building. I was quite tempted to go at least say hi, but at the last moment decided not to. What was I going to say anyway? Hey, Harry? Do you remember me? I was just another stupid girl that fell for you when she shouldn’t have. It would have not been brave and bold; it would have been stupid and humiliating.