Chapter 52: Merry Christmas?

Dean's POV:

Friday:

My eyes blinked opened as I realized I was at home. I was about to sit up, until I noticed I had my arms wrapped around Gabby.

I immediately laid back down, careful not to wake her.

Andy suddenly came to my mind then. I couldn't believe he was trying to take Gabby from me. He didn't deserve her. Half of me just wanted to track the *sshole down and hit him in the head with a crowbar, just like he had done to me two years ago to the day.

Even thinking about it caused me to take a breath of anger.

Gabby suddenly stirred beside me. Her eyes flickered open. So much for trying not to wake her. Her eyes met mine.

"Do you always stare at me when I sleep?" she asked.

I would have felt the need to explain myself by her words if I hadn't heard the familiar sound of amusement behind her tone.

"No," I said back, "I was just thinking..."

"About me?" Gabby guessed as she sat up, causing herself to slip from my arms. I sat up as well.

"Merry Christmas," I suddenly blurted out.

"Merry Christmas," she said back to me.

"You know," I began, "It's been exactly two years that we've been together."

Two years. It had felt like twenty. I couldn't believe it.

"Oh..." Gabby looked away from me, "Well, we better get ready to go to Moms," she stood up, "Shouldn't we?"

"Yeah, let's do it," I said back.

Gabby's POV:

Dean and I arrived at Mom's house together. I immediately got out of the car. Dean offered to carry the presents in.

I was immediately met with hugs and hellos. Dean gave me a smile before he headed off towards the tree.

Audrey, my closest cousin, watched Dean go before she greeted me, "Hey, how are you?"

"I'm ok," I told her.

"How would you like me to make you up a drink?" Journey, another cousin, wrapped an arm around my shoulder.

"Let's do it," I said in agreement as we headed downstairs.

Dean's POV:

I returned to the kitchen as soon as I set the presents down. Gabby seemed to have already gone and went to hang out with her family. The only people in the kitchen were her mother and her brother, Daniel.

Daniel noticed me first, "Oh, hello, Dean."

"Hey, Daniel," I muttered as I sat at the table.

Daniel came over to sit next to me as Mrs. Bryan was starting to set the food out.

"How are you and Gabby doing?" Daniel asked cautiously.

"We're fine," I said on instinct.

Daniel nodded, "You sure?"

"It's been tough," I told him, "But we'll get through it."

"Listen, Dean," Daniel grumbled, "I know we haven't always been exactly on the same page, but I just want you to know..... that I'm happy Gabby decided to marry you."

Mrs. Bryan smiled to herself.

"Thanks, Daniel," I said, a smile appearing on my face, "That means a lot."