Chapter 47: Triple Threat

Seth's POV:

TLC:

Offscreen:

Tonight was my night. I was going to be champion again.

I repeated the thought over and over again as I jogged in place, preparing for the triple threat TLC match. I felt like I had to win tonight. Who knows when I'd get another opportunity.

Onscreen:

Renee came walking over to me, "Seth, later on tonight you will be competing in a triple threat match for the WWE championship. Not only that, but this match is also Tables, Ladders and Chairs. How are you going to win tonight?"

I thought for a second before saying, "Tonight is an important night. I'm going to be honest, Renee, I really don't have a game plan going into this, but I can assure you of one thing. I'm walking out as WWE champion tonight and nobody is going to stop me."

"I wouldn't be so sure of that," I looked up to see Roman come over to stand on the other side of Renee.

"I'll admit it, Seth. You're good. But tonight is my time," Roman said, "You stole the WWE championship from me at Wrestlemania and I'm not letting it happen again."

I nodded with a smile, "And I'll admit that you are good, Roman, but you are not me. Tonight, I'm going to climb up that ladder and I'm going to be champion again," I paused, "Believe that."

I walked off as Roman watched me go with an amused smile.

Gabby's POV:

I was sitting down, ready to watch Roman's match. Dean was going to join me in a few minutes.

Someone sat next to me and I looked over to see Paige sitting there, watching me with a grin.

"Hey, Pumpkin," Paige greeted.

"Hey, Paige," I muttered.

"So, anyways, Gabby," Paige paused, "I was thinking maybe after Monday Night Raw tomorrow that maybe we could be road buddies."

I stared at her for a few moments.

"Come on, it'll be fun!" Paige exclaimed, "It'll be like a girl time road trip!"

I sighed, "Ok, whatever, sure."

Paige stood up and clapped excitedly, "Yay, can't wait! Well, I'll leave you be than. Hope Roman wins tonight. Team Reigns, right!"

She patted me on the back before walking away. I sighed as I looked back at the TV.

Dean came over to sit next to me. He slid some fruit on the table before sitting down with a sigh.

He started eating the fruit in silence as I watched him. I couldn't get Andy out of my head. All the things he had said. What if I did only "love" Dean because I was told I did? Did I still have feelings for Andy? My mind thought of course not. I wasn't sure my heart agreed with that statement.

Dean suddenly looked over, meeting his eyes to mine. I immediately averted my eyes to the table, but continued watching him from the corner of my eye.

Dean smirked in my direction. I felt butterflies in my stomach.

Dean scooted closer to me, "Hey."

My eyes flickered up to see him still smiling at me. I couldn't stop the corners of my lips from curling upward.

"Hey," I said back.

"I like when you smile," Dean commented, "It brightens my day up."

I laughed quietly as my attention went to the TV screen, where they were playing a preview for the match.