part 9

It was a long time before there was another knock on the door. I picked up the conditioner and pulled my arm back ready to aim if they came in."Dont fire," a voice said sticking a hand inside the door. Then they stuck ther head inside and i knew it was James. "May i come in?" He asked in a low tone. He seemed ashamed if what i couldnt tell. I nodded and he came in closing the door behind him. He sat on the toilet and looked at me. He handed me my clothes from before. I pulled on my shirt and shorts wincing slightly at the movements. "What happened back there?" He asked leaning forward so he could whisper. I shook my head andshrugged unsure of what happened. I was mad they were fighting i understood that butwhy did i snap? Like that? I had no answers for those questions and it annoyed me. "You can trust me you know that," James said. I looked up at him. "This whole time you have treated me like crap and u expect me to tell you something that my own sister knows?" I asjed. Harsh yes but he deserved it. I wpuldnt be in this situation if it werent for him. "I can always go back to the crazy guy if you like him better?" I shook my head and curled up in a ball again. I was cold still and i dont know why. "Please explain this to me cause i dont understand and i want to?" I didnt know what to say or do. He shocked me by saying this. I had alwwys thought him to be a crazy guy who was eventually going tokill me like he did all his victims, but here he was trying tk be my friend. I dont know what to do? Should i explain everything to him? Or hide it from him like i do with everyone else? Thats the thing though he isnt everyone else. I have seen him somewhere and i just cant remember. No its not the news either even though i did see him there. I cant place him anywhere! He doesnt fit into my background but i have seem him somewhere. I cant explain any of this to you so i hope you can figure this out for me."Please i want to know," James said snapping me out of my craziness. I looked up into his eyes and didnt see the normal look of crazy but the soft look if actual caring. I took a deep breath and sat up. "My father used to beat me after my sister would go to bed," i started. "This started after my mom and him started fighting. Every night my mom would leave and he would go after me. Year after year this went on untill finally my mom left. When she left my dad left me alone so i could take care if my sister. Seeing you two fight reminded me of the wsy my parents used to fight and when Lane was beating me before it reminded me of the emdless pain my dad had done to me. It just made me snap." James was silent amd.for the longest time i couldnt read his expression. At first he was shocked then sad then i couldnt read his expression anymore. Its like he knew i was trying to read his expression. "I understand now," James whispered after what felt like an eternity. "Lets go." He held out his hand standing up. I took it and stood slowly unsure of what we were doing. He led me out of the r,bathroom and back into the living room where Lane and Braydon sat waiting. Lane laughed when he saw me. Oh how i wanted to smack him. "Look how decided to come out of hiding and grace us with her presense," Lane laughed. I sat next to Braydon and James sat on my other side. I felt safer with both of them beside me. "Shut up Lane," James said taking the words from my mouth. He was shocked but didnt counter. I was about to laugh but stopped myself. "Girl come with me," Lane said standing. My heart skipped a beat and started pounding harder against my chest. I looked at James hoping he would save me but he nodded. I stood and walke dover to him on shaky legs. I was shaking again and my heart pounded endlessly against my ribs threatening to break out. "We arent done," he whisperes leaning in. I stepped back away from him and fury rose in his eyes. He came at me with a back hand ready to smack me but i dodged and punched him ij the stomach. He groaned and stumbled back. I swung again catching his jaw line knocking hik out cold. I stood there looking down at him with a smirk. "Did i mention i used to box?" I asked turning towardsJames and Braydon. They shook their head smouths dropped open in shock. "Close your mouths," i said taking a seat on the love seat. Why didnt i think of fighting him until now? I dont know either that would have been the smartest and easiest thing to do.