Chapter 17

Annie's pov

I woke up, my head thumping like mad and my arm aching. Everything was blurry, and I couldn't think straight. The voices had gone though, that was a plus. Where was I? I could see a bright light, so I'm dead, right? I blinked a few times, and then things started to focus. Wait, Eren?

Eren's pov

She was finally starting to wake up?! I lifted my head from the bed and looked at her. She seemed drowsy. It'd been 3 days, and I'd stayed every night, ignoring Levi too as he told me to keep training.

Flashback

"Tch, love these days.." I looked behind me and rolled my eyes.

"There's this thing called caring for others, I don't know if you've heard of it. It's basically when you care about your friend(s)/partner-" Levi'd grabbed my shirt and pulled me up a little.

"Talk to me like that again, I dare you." His eyes were just in front of mine, I could feel his breath against my chin as he spoke. I glanced nervously at Annie, and then back at Levi. Once I'd stayed silent for a few seconds, he put me down roughly and turned to walk back out.

"Pfft, what's a shorty like you gonna do anyways.." I muttered, but he'd heard. Oops.

I got a swift punch in my jaw, making a small crack noise, but nothing was broken luckily.

"Watch where you're going, clean-freak." I was really pushing my luck, but oh my FUCK! was it funny winding him up. But on that note he turned on his heel and left the room, scowling.

"Tch.."

Back to reality

I grabbed Annie's hand and squeezed it a little. I'd been sleeping on a chair with my head next her legs on the bed for the past 2 nights, and it was coming up to the third day of her being unconscious. I was scared she wasn't going to wake up after a while, but seeing her eyes flutter like that was so cute, and I actually thought she was going to be okay.

"Annie?" I whispered softly. She turned to face me, and her eyes widened.

"No... You're not real, unle-.. Am I dead?" She looked around, still dazed. I shook my head.

"No, we're both alive." She shook her head.

"I watched you get eaten!" Some tears made their way down her face, and she squeezed my hand tightly. "Don't leave me again... Please." She started breaking down, completely flooded in tears now. I shot up from my chair and wrapped my arms around her, climbing into her bed next to her and cuddling her, her head weeping into my chest.

"I'll always be here, I'll always love you, no matter what." I kissed the top of her head, and I think she was getting the grasps that I was real as she kept crying into me.

'Shit.. Stay strong man, can't let her see you crying too.'

I quickly wiped away my tears, and held Annie closer. I thought I'd lost her when I saw all the blood, when I saw the glass.

Flashback

"She's lost a lot of blood. If you didn't go in when you did, she would've bled out before anyone found her. We'll have to give her a transfusion, but she's stitched up and okay. She's not waking up anytime soon though..." Hanji drifted off.

"Is she ok-" Hanji nodded before I could finish.

"She just took a large blow to the head when she fell, so she'll be unconscious for a while is all." I nodded, blinking away the tears coming to my eyes. Hanji gestured to the door, so I went in and I haven't gone anywhere (but to get food and a drink every now and then) since.

Back to reality

"I'll never go again Annie, and I'm sorry about everything.. I love you more than anything in the world, and it'd be an honour if I could secretly call you my girlfriend again... ?" I closed my eyes, ready to be rejected.

"Gladly.. I'm sorry for everything too." I opened my eyes; she was looking right at me. I leant down and kissed her. I held her close until her breathing slowed down, and I'd realized she'd fallen asleep. I too, fell asleep after thinking to myself a while.

'She just took me back.. She's more .. Well actually she did end it. Aha, what am I doing? Just go to sleep. She's in your arms, she's safe. You haven't slept properly for 3 days, so go on, she'll be fine. And Hanji and the nurse'll be in every so often, don't worry. Trust her this time, she knows you're alive and safe, so you'll both be fine.' And with that I fell asleep.

{{Sorry that this was short, don't have a lot of time aha :") You know the drill, I hope you enjoyed, and thanks for reading <3 }}