Chapter 9

There was an uproar in the village, but most of all with their squad.

"If they can get through one wall, then they'll get through the rest!"

"We're not safe!"

"We need to run while we can! Grab the food!"

"I want to go home!!"

"Just shut the FUCK up!" Annie shouted. "Who gives an actual shit if we die? We're just another bunch of soldiers that fancied trying to kill some titans, for the first fucking time. But at least we'd have gone down doing something with our pathetic lives than just being eaten like sitting DUCKS!" She spat the last word out. "Get a fucking grip, or you're not worthy of being in our squad, let alone the Survey Corps, or if you make it, the Military Police Brigade. As I'm aware though, everyone here wants to join the Survey Corps? Right, well you'll never make it if you get scared and run away after the first, small attack. So man the fuck up and stop acting like children!" After that she walked off to the cabin.

Everyone seemed stunned at her sudden outburst, and actually calmed down and got some food as they were in the canteen. Eren slipped away from the crowd and into the cabins. He sighed a little.

"Annie..?"

He heard a small sound of whimpering and crying, but it was muffled. He walked over to her bed and saw her face buried in the pillow that was now getting soaked with tears, and her body in a ball. Eren climbed into her bed beside her and curled himself around her, making her relax a tad.

"Annie.."

"I'm fine!" She muttered, her voice a little hoarse from all the crying.

"No you're not. Come on, who gives a shit if it's 3 in the morning. Lets go to the cliff now."

Annie eventually turned over and cuddled into his chest.

"I'm sorry..." She whispered.

Eren picked her up bridal-style, and ran out of the cabins, making sure to be unseen. He then converted her to his back and used his 3DMG to get there faster.

----

"Eren I can't go back there.. Not after what happened, what I did."

Eren just shook his head. "You're going back whether you like it or not. We need you.. Even if you don't join the Survey Corps. If they're willing to treat you differently after that extremely true speech you gave.. Then FUCK them." He laughed a little after this. "And not literally."

That got her smiling.

Annie's pov

Memories were coming back. Memories that I'd tried so hard, for so long, to forget, to block. But they all came flooding back. I didn't want anyone to see me like this, but Eren already had before anyways, so I didn't think it'd matter if his shirt got wet again.

I could sense that Eren was confused, he didn't know why I was crying. So I finally got the nerve to pick myself up, sit upright and face Eren. And then I begun.

{{ Sorry if this bit bores you, but I just thought I should explain what the hell's going on with her so ya know :") }}

"Eren.. I need to tell you something that I left out when we both broke down." Eren stopped me there.

"Don't feel obliged to tell me anything. It's your own business, so don't share it with me because I shared my 'life-story' with you." But I just shook my head. I owe it to him.

"My mum died when I was 2 from cancer. After that, my dad was the only family I had left. But when I was 12, he got eaten by a titan I suppose, or at least killed by one, after going out on an exploration mission with the Survey Corps. So I was left on my own. I locked myself in my house and kept myself in isolation for a few months, but I had food and water so I was fine. But that's when these happened." I pulled up my sleeves, revealing mass amounts of scars, but one especially deep that was the most prominent caught Eren's attention. "When I finally came out of hiding, I tried to commit suicide.. But I was found before I bled to death, and so was treated and I was given blood transfusions and all that. I was also diagnosed with PTSD. Do you know what that is?"

Eren nodded, a look of pity and sadness in his eyes.

"After that, I'd managed to eventually stop self-harming and came here to train, to try and block out and forget those memories. The reason I wasn't going to join the Survey Corps, wasn't because I was afraid of dying, or probably any other reason you could think of. It was so that I could live to see mankind destroy every last fucking Titan, and so my father would be avenged. I couldn't bear to die before my father was avenged.. I had to make sure he didn't die in vain. So the MPB was the only option I saw that I could would be able to survive. But now that you've .. well, come into my life, you've made me not want to go to the Military Police Brigade, so that I can at least protect you. Even if I couldn't protect my family, I can at least try and protect the people I love.. Right?"

I looked hopefully at Eren, hoping he wouldn't try to make me go to the Military Police Brigade anymore, because I didn't want to. I wanted to protect my squad, I wanted to protect Eren. I couldn't bear to see another person I love be ripped away from me again..

He merely lifted my chin and pressed his lips to mine as the sun set on the horizon. I closed my eyes, letting him slip his tongue into my mouth. I tugged on his hair a little, causing him to moan.

----

Eren's pov

"You know that I will support and respect your decision. If you want to go to the MPB, then go. If you want to go to the Survey Corps, then go. It's not up to anyone but you. I'll still love you, regardless what you do." I looked down and smiled, kissing Annie's temple. She sighed a little, rolling over on my chest.

"Survey Corps it is."

I was a little shocked. She was... Coming to the Survey Corps.. Because of me?

"Annie you really don't have to i-"

"I want to. I can't stand not being able to do anything anymore, and I won't be in the Military Police Brigade. Plus, I can't let the love of my life slip away from me without a fight, am I right?" She smirked at me cheekily. I playfully looked hurt and pouted.

"Gee, nice to know that I can't handle myself without my amazing girlfriend peering over my shoulder every five seconds!" I carefully put her down on the grass and stood up, jokingly storming off. I heard quick footsteps behind me, and then a hand on my wrist spun around and pulled me into a deep kiss. I smiled, and then pulled away. I slipped my hand into hers before speaking softly.

"Should we go back? The sun's set, so it's probably pretty late. People'll be wondering where we are." I met her gaze, a look of disappointment in her eyes. 

"I was thinking we could just spend the night here.." She looked away, blushing a little. I pulled her face back towards me, pressing my lips to hers.

"Yeah, that's a better idea." I smiled, pulling her to where we normally sit and lay down, kissing the top of her head after she'd lay down next to me and was resting her head on my chest, cuddling into me. She drifted off after a while, but I couldn't sleep. I was thinking of her past, what she's been through.

No, she didn't deserve that shit. I'm only glad that she's happy I'm in her life, that I can make a difference. But I can't die on her, I can't put her through hell like that again. And that's a promise.

'I love you, Annie..'

{{Heyyyy! Hope you liked that chapter :) Vote and comment and all that, and thank you for reading :3 }}