Chapter 8

Annie opened her eyes slowly. She really felt a lot a better now that she was getting proper sleep, and what was better was that she was with Eren. Half asleep, she muttered, "You're my home.." and closed her eyes again, hoping to go back to sleep. But a few minutes later, Eren shifted slightly and sat up, causing Annie to fall onto his thighs. "Hm?" Eren looked at the sun, realizing it was starting to rise.

"Shit! Annie, we've gotta go. The sun's coming up." He carefully lay Annie's head on the grass as she frowned and curled into a ball, not wanting to move.

"But Eren..." She felt Eren lift her up from behind her, spinning her around and giving her a morning kiss. That woke her up, and she smiled. "Fine.."

---

Annie's pov

"Leonhart! Ackerman! You're up."

I sighed, strolling up to the arena. I was tired, admittedly. Having been up half the night with Eren, I was actually feeling tired now.. Hm.

Mikasa seemed a little nervous about going up against me, but smirked soon afterwards. She then charged for a swing at my kidney. I was in my head, not really paying attention of course. 'He's passionate.. He's sweet.. He's gentle and caring.. And he's mine.'

I came back to reality just in time to see Mikasa a meter away from me, so I tensed up my muscles and let myself get hit, before then grabbing her arm, twisting it round and kneeing her back, causing her to arch it and yell out in pain. I picked her up by the front of her shirt and threw her across the arena. I stood my ground, waiting for her to get up. After a few seconds, she got up, clearly not close to being beaten.

--

We've been going back and forth for a while, she's hurt worse than me, but she's strong. Mikasa panted for breath, sprinting towards me and spinning once before kicking out at my face. I duck just in time and grab her leg, flipping her upwards. She lands face down, groaning a little. I roll her over with my foot and help her up before jumping backwards. I run forward and use her stomach as something to bounce me back. I turn around, jump and punch her down with one firm blow to the head. I spit out some blood and start walking away, glancing backwards one last time to make sure she's down before keeping my head straight and taking my place in the crowd with Eren and Armin.

"Annie once more, is victorious."

I slipped my hand into Eren's discretely, waiting for Mikasa to be dragged off the arena and dumped on the side.

Once she was, I let go of Eren's hand and jogged to her side, picking her up and carrying her to the cabins/bunkers. I lay her down carefully on the bed after convincing Armin and Eren to remain with the rest of the group. I grabbed my medikit and patched her up, then leaving her after making sure she was okay.

----

"Holy shit, you really don't go easy do you.." Mikasa muttered, holding the side of her jaw with an ice-pack. I just laughed.

"Well now, I couldn't lose my reputation and be defeated by Mikasa Ackerman now could I?" I smiled.

She smiled a little, wincing at the pain. She slowly ate her meat and bread, carefully chewing and swallowing. "Careful not to split your lip, else that'll bleed like hell." I nod at Mikasa, making sure she heard me.

The food was pretty good. We had meat, bread, some cheese and water.

Eren's pov

After food, we went back to training for a few hours, sparring off each other (not as brutally) and using the dummies. Annie slipped away to the bathroom, so I followed and waited outside. Yes I know, how creepy. As Annie obliviously came strolling out, I grabbed her wrist and pulled her in for a kiss. She pulled away after a few seconds.

"We can't here, someone could see us." She smiled and gave me a quick peck before turning to walk away.

"Well... That's not too bad, am-I-right?" I smirked, pulling her back by her waist this time. I kissed her softly, waiting for her to pull away but she didn't this time. So after a couple-dozen seconds, I pulled away and turned for the doorway, her hand in mine.

----

"Right team! We're gonna be using the 3D Maneuver Gear today, so loosen up a little!"

We strapped ourselves in and started practicing. This was my dream. To fly, to be free, no restraints.

I was running across a wall and had just jumped onto a rooftop when there was a crackle of lightning behind me, behind the wall! I jumped a little and turned to see a giant, skinned, face of the Colossal Titan. Next thing you know, the Armored Titan comes bolting through the gate, breaking it and letting in the titans we'd tried so hard to keep out. They came flooding in, some Abnormals, some normal.

Without thinking, I instantly go to kill them. Sudden rage filled me with determination to kill every last one of them, I wasn't about to go back on my word.

"Attack! Take out every last titan!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. I got a few looks of disbelief, but they went for it.

We all charged for the titans, doing a good job at taking them out until I hear a scream from behind me. I spin around to see an abnormal about to eat Sasha. "NO!" I use my 3DMG to latch onto the back of the titan and cut it's nape after running up it's back. Sasha was dropped, but Jean came rushing in and caught her, taking her to a rooftop away from the majority of the titans. I sighed with relief.

----

"There's too many! Fall back, fall back!"

We were being outnumbered by hundreds of titans, and we were having trouble keeping ourselves alive. So we fell back, and regrouped back behind the other wall, after the gate was closed. The Colossal Titan and Armored Titan had disappeared as fast as they'd appeared.

{{Hey! Like I said in the last chapter, something'll happen in this 'un, so there you go :3 Comment + Vote and do whatever, and thanks for reading! :) }}