Chapter 22

*1 year later*

*Sam’s POV*

“Put me down” I screamed. Michael had thrown me over his shoulder. And was wobbling all over the place. “Careful, Mike.” I said as Michael narrowly missed knocking a can of paint over.

Today’s is exactly a year since we met, it’s also our second day decorating our new home. Our own place just me and him. We’ve had an amazing year the boys have been on their own tour, released an album. I started my own catering company. I’m still struggling with the eating disorder but I’m much better thanks to Mike. Everything is amazing.

Mike put me down and picked up a brush. He was starting to paint but then the song on the radio changed. It was Mirrors by Justin Timberlake. I was stood the opposite side of the room with my back to him painting the other wall. I heard him set the paintbrush down but I carried on painting. He slid his arms around my waist breathing on my neck. He kissed up to my cheek and pulled me away from the wall. I dropped the brush in the tin and he span me round to face him. I put my arms around his neck as he rocked me back and forth.

“Mike we’re never going to get to move in if you keep distracting me.” I said looking up at him.

“Just one dance babe.” He said smiling, “it’s romantic.”

I don’t think either of us knew what we were doing, but went with it. He span me out and pulled me back then lifted me up bridal style. I laughed and he put me back on my feet. I kissed him gently but he wanted more he kissed me again and lifted me off the floor. I wrapped my legs round his waist and he held me against the wall.

*Michael’s POV*

She stopped kissing me suddenly. “What’s wrong?” I asked.

Her eyes were wide and I remembered we were painting. I pulled her away from the wall and put her down. She tugged at the back of her shirt in an attempt to see how bad the damage was. I stood back and laughed. She laughed too.

“You think its funny huh Clifford?” she asked.

I was laughing harder now. I closed my eyes and didn’t see her pick up the paint brush. I felt the cold liquid glide across my face as she began laughing louder too. I stopped laughing and lifted my hand to my cheek. I removed it and it was covered in white paint.

“Oh you’re gonna pay for that.” I said picking up my brush.

She screamed and ran through the kitchen. I cornered her in the back room.

“No Michael! Please!” she shouted laughing at the same time.

“Oh okay, coz it’s you babe, but only for a hug.”

She leant forward and I glided the roller up the front of her shirt. She leant back again.

“Michael!” she cried.

She went to swipe at me with her brush but I caught her hand before she could and threw them on the floor.  

“Truce.” I said pulling her closer to me.

She nodded and stood on her tiptoes to kiss me.

When we pulled away she had paint across her face too from being so close to my face and I had paint on my shirt from being pressed against her. We laughed at the state of each other. Sam looked at her watch.

“I need to start getting ready, I need a shower” she darted upstairs.

“Can I come?” I shouted up to her.

“No Clifford.” She answered back. I smiled walking back into what would be the lounge, looking at the Sam shaped print that was still on the wall I started to think about tonight. It was going to be perfect. We were going out for our 1 year anniversary. I had everything planned. She had no idea where I was taking her or that I was going to propose. Ashton had gone with me to choose the ring, Calum had taken me to about 12 restaurants before we found the perfect one and Luke had gone with me to pick up my suit. Everything was set.