Chapter 15

We sat and had breakfast with the boys and Michael got ready and then took me back to my house so I could do the same. He was watching tv in my bedroom while I was in the shower. I heard my phone buzz as it recieved a text. Michael shouted from the room next door, "Do you want me to get that, babe?"

"Yes please" I replied.

"It's from your brother, he's been called into work again and wants to know if you can have Rosie for a couple of nights?"

I hesitated to say anything.

"Do you want me to text him back for you?" Michael suggested as I heard him pace across the room towards the bathroom.

"Umm... yes please..."

"Great, I'll say yes, and we'll all go to the park for the day, sound good?"

I smiled to myself in the shower. "Sounds great, Mike thank you."

I heard him walk further back into the bedroom and my phone buzz again with my brothers reply.

I opened the door slightly and waited for Michael to turn to look at me so I could give him a, "you need to leave" look which he did when he turned around and went to wait downstairs.

I got dressed in a pair of high waisted shorts, a pink floral vest top and my black flat sandals. I sat down at my dressing table to do my hair and make up when I heard the doorbell go. I jumped up, whipped the towel off my hair, flew out my bedroom door and down the stairs. I knew if Michael answered the door my brother (Jamie) would fly off the handle, worse than he did the last time. I beat Michael to the door, just in time and gestured for him to wait in the kitchen, he looked at me confused but did as he was told. I opened the door and Rosie flew through it staight towards me as usual. I smiled at her and looked up at my brother as he handed me Rosie's bag.

"Thanks for having her at such short notice Sam. I owe you one." he said ruffling my hair.

"No problem" I said pushing him away laughing.

"It's just two nights okay, I'll come pick her up on Friday. I gotta go or I'll be late," he bent down to Rosie and placed his hand on her cheek, "see you soon beautiful, be a good girl okay."

Rosie nodded and Jamie began to walk down the path. I quickly shut the door and took Rosie's hand as Michael stepped out of the kitchen. Rosie let go of my hand and made her way to the cupboard where she knows I keep the cookies. She turned and smiled at me hopefully, I nodded as Michael stepped towards me and ran his hands down my arms, stopping at my wrists and pulling my hands towards him, "Sam, I don't want to be a secret you have to keep from your brother, or anyone else for that matter."

"I know, and I don't want to keep you a secret I just didn't think that then was the right time to introduce you, you know, but next time, okay, I promise," I said, Michael smiled and kissed me on the cheek, "Right," I said removing myself from Michael's grip and clapping my hands, "I'm going to go and finish getting ready and then we can get going, will you be okay with Rosie for a sec?"

"Yeah that's fine, go ahead." he said smiling again.

I raced upstairs and sat at the dressing table again. I picked up my hair brush and looked into the mirror. Oh my gosh. A wave of insecurity suddenly washed over me and I felt my eyes fill up with tears. I looked horrible. No make-up and messy wet hair. I couldn't believe I had just let Michael see me like that. Who knows what must be going through his head right now, he was so polite, but I must have embaressed myself. I stood up to close the door knowing that the angrier I got with myself, the louder my crying would get. I went and stood in front of the mirror in my room, and started to cry even more, I threw my wardrobe door open and began to look for something else to wear and found a pair of blue jeggings and a black t-shirt. I changed and sat back at the dressing table. I dried my hair and straightened it. As I began to put my make-up on I started to feel a bit better. By the time I was finished I felt presentable, but still embaressed for my appearance earlier. I did my best to try to calm down before going downstairs, so that I didn't look like I had been crying, but clearly I didn't do a very good job, because the first question I got asked as I walked down the stairs was, "Are you okay, you look like you've been crying?" from Michael.

Rosie appeared by his side, I put on my best smile, "No I'm fine," I lied, "I was thinking shall we take a picnic?" I said trying to change the subject.

"Umm, yeah sounds great." Michael said.

"Cool I'll go make some sandwiches and stuff and then we can go. Would you mind sitting with Rosie again?" I asked.

"Sure," said Michael looking slightly confused, "come on Rosie, lets go watch some tv."

I went to the kitchen and started to prepare the food and heard the tv turn on. It was too much I stood over the sink trying to muffle my tears but felt a pair of hands slide around my waist. I turned round and fell into Michael's chest. He was rubbing my back trying to soothe me.

"Sam, you know you can tell me anything, I'm here for you, please talk to me." he said quietly.

I pulled away from him but kept my head bowed until I'd wiped away all my tears. I hated myself when I cried and after the embaressment this morning I definitely didn't want Michael to see me like it.

"It's nothing, it's silly, really I'm fine, just a bit sensitive that's all." I said looking up at him.

"If you're not going to tell me on your own, then you're going to have to answer my questions instead," he said, "so, number one, why did you change clothes?"

"I was cold." I said

"Sam, it's the middle of July and it's 22 degrees. Please tell me."

"I just wasn't comfortable, okay" I turned round and continued making sandwiches.

"Sam, that's fine, I just wanted you to be honest with me, but, you didn't need to feel insecure, you looked just as good earlier as you do now, and incase you didn't know," he stopped my hand mid-action and pulled my chin up so that I was looking at him, "you look really good right now."

I smiled and felt myself blush as he pulled my chin and leant into kiss me. And he would have if Rosie hadn't appeared in the door. "Ew" she said. I laughed and she giggled, she knew exactly what she was doing.

"I thought you were watching tv, huh" I said going to pick her. I lifted her onto my hip, but she didn't say anything, she just layed her head on my shoulder andwhispered in my ear, "don't be sad Auntie Sam."