Five

Percy staggered into Stark Tower. 

All the other Avengers stared at Tony bewieldered. Steve took a look at Percy to see something he never saw. Percy was shaking a little too violently and looked like he was about to collapse.  

"Tony, could I get a room please? I need sleep," Percy asked quietly. 

Tony nodded. 

When Tony came back, he had a worried look on his face. 

"Man of Iron, what is it?" Thor asked inquisitively. 

"Well it's–" Tony was cut off by an earsplitting scream. 

Everyone ran to Percy's room. Tony busted down the door to see Percy shaking and whimpering. Thor immediatly went to the boy. Percy's eyes suddenly opened and he sat up, dragging a pillow to his chest. He looked around the room for something then tears rolled down his cheeks and he closed his eyes. 

"Sir, Master Fury requires your presence in the conference room," Jarvis, the AI, spoke. 

Thor whispered something to Percy and he followed the rest of the Avengers to Fury. Fury watched as his team sat down for the exception of Tony. Tony stood by a boy and Fury smiled. 

Though he couldn't understand why a terrorist was hugging a pillow crying. An act maybe? Who knows. 

"Welcome Perseus," Fury said. Percy just swayed a bit before speaking.

"Look, Fury. I know I've done some things in my past, but I haven't done anything since the day my family died. You sent your team after me, not cool," He whispered. His eyes were trained on a photo of a girl about his age with blonde hair. 

"Maybe they are all dead because of you. And all the things you did," Natasha stated. 

Percy looked up at the team. 

"You're right. Their deaths were my fault, but all the things I did saved the world. If it wasn't for my dad, I would be with them in Elysium right now," Percy turned and walked away. 

The words hit everyone, slapping the fact that this boy was broken. Possibly beyond repair.