Chapter 11

Jay's POV:

I get to go home today. I haven't had many updates on the case. I just hope the unit finds whoever almost killed me. I texted Erin like 10 minutes ago. We discussed her picking me up and bringing me home because Will doesn't want me driving just yet. I decide to text her again.

"Hey, I'm at the front desk waiting area. What time do you think you'll be here?"

No response.

Where the hell is she? I don't really have another choice other than contact Voight. I pick my phone up again and tap his number..

"Need something Jay?"

His voice sounds uneasy.

"Do you know where Erin is? She was supposed to pick me up like 10 minutes ago."

Silence.

"Voight?"

"Jay, can you get somebody at the hospital to bring you to the district?"

"I guess I can ask. What goin-"

I hear someone say 'We got something!' In the background.

"Voight, what the hell is going on."

"I'll tell you later kid"

Beep. He hangs up on me. What's happening?! Where's Erin? Why's is he hiding this from me? What if-

"You look worried. What's wrong?"

Maggie Blackwood. Head nurse, usually stays at the front desk. Loved by everyone. She pulls me out of my thoughts and I look up at her.

"I...I think Erin's in trouble."

"Why do you think that?"

"Voight won't tell me anything and she was suppose to pick me up nearly 20 minutes ago. Voight wants me to find someone to take me to the district."

"Come on. Let's go."

"What?"

"I'll take you. Come on."

"Maggie you don't have to-"

"Let's . Go."

Maggie has always been a very sweet and motherly type person. But she just said that like she's punishing me. Damn, Maggie can be a scary woman. I get up and follow her. On the way of course she tells April and Natalie that she's leaving for a little bit, then leads me to her car. The drive is silent, mainly because I'm stressing out about this. We arrived at the district after our journey for what seemed like forever. I thank her and run inside and up the stairs. Of course it takes a lot longer than you think considering I have crutches to worry about. I finally get upstairs to see Erin's smiling face and badge number on the white board.

"What the hell is going on Voight?"

"Jay, calm down. We believe Erin was kidnapped on her way to pick you up. We got reports of a van snatching an unidentifiable woman and after watching security footage, we've been able to figure out that it was Erin and we think we know which direction they took her."

"W......What?"

I can't believe what I just heard.

"Jay, I'll get Burgess to take you home."

"NO! I'm helping find her."

"Jay-"

"I'm helping."

*2 hours later*