Chapter 8

Erin's POV:

"We need a saw over here!" I hear Kelly Severide yell. We've gotten to the scene and looks like two cars are piled up. One of them looks familiar but I can't put my finger on it. "How many victims?" I ask the group. Hank answers. "So far two. But they were from the same car. They're thinking the other car was empty." He answers. I see Joe Cruz looking under the cars and he looks surprised all of the sudden. "Hey! We got a victim under the car!" He yells. He starts getting debris off of the ground and car. I see him turn to Kelly and tell him something and then Kelly starts looking around. His eyes stop onto me. He looks back at Cruz and tells him something and starts yelling at other firefighters to hurry up. He gets up and starts walking toward us. Then all of the pieces come together. 

The familiar car, bad feeling today, Kelly specifically walking to me?

Jay.

No. No No No. "Erin" Kelly calls out.

"Please tell me that not J-"

"Erin. I'm sorry. We're taking him to Med. He looks like he got a bad head injury but we can't know for sure yet."

I just nod. I can't talk. Why was he here in the first place?

At MED
We are all just sitting in the waiting room, waiting for an update. It feels like we've been here forever but we've only been here for around 2 hours. All I can think about is Jay.